PDA

View Full Version : Where is Lance Creek?

Zman
09-02-2016, 06:50
Iwas looking at hiking a little bit of the trail this weekend. I heard there was water at Lance Creek. I cannot seem to find it on my Appalachian Trail map. Can someone give me an idea what it may be next to? For instance a shelter or Gooch gap or something?

Zman
09-02-2016, 06:51
I shouldhave mentioned that I will be leaving from Springer Mountain heading towards Neels gap

daddytwosticks
09-02-2016, 07:07
It's a few miles north of Woody Gap. I don't have a map handy. I'm sure someone will chime in with much better details/directions. Have a great hike. :)

terryg49
09-02-2016, 07:08
Lance Creek is a few miles north of Woody Gap. Just south of Blood Mountain and about 8 miles south of Neel Gap

FatMan
09-02-2016, 07:41
Lance creek is approximately 2.5 miles north of Woody Gap. The old camping area by the creek had been reclaimed and tent pad sites have been built. The area has taken a lot of abuse over the past four years due to the recently expired Spring bear canister regulation imposed by the Forest Service during thru hiker season. Currently Lance Creek is running slowly and is the only water available between Gooch Gap and Neels Gap.

Enjoy your hike!

JC13
09-02-2016, 08:20
Lance Creek is mile 24.3, old tent sites as Fatman mentioned are in a reclamation area. The new area is up the slight hill, around the bend and then to your right if I remember the section correctly. New sites looked pretty nice.