PDA

View Full Version : Sam Gap to Chestoa

Sunshine8
09-02-2016, 07:35
Looking to do a section NOBO from Sam Gap to Chestoa. Anyone have information on water sources and campsites along the way?

STICK
09-02-2016, 08:12
It was last year since I have hiked this section, so I can't say about current water. But, I will say that when we hiked it (SOBO) I do recall that we didn't come across as much water as I had expected along the trail, especially considering it had been raining quite a bit before our hike. Saying that, the water sources we did come across was quite well, and I don't recall us having a problem not having water. We did do some dry camping, so we carried some water with us into camp though. Anyway, the camp spots, and the shelter through that area had some good tent spots (unfortunately, we decided to hammock camp on this section). Anyway, here is a write up (https://sticksblog.com/2015/07/18/at-section-hike-erwin-tn-to-sams-gap/#comment-52260) I did from when we did it with some pictures and video. It's a long video but you can kind of scan through the video to check out the camp spots, and some of the water sources. Good luck and have fun!