PDA

View Full Version : Q's Whistle Stop is up for sale

Minerva
09-03-2016, 19:20
While gathering updates for the next edition of the Thru Hiker's Companion (http://www.aldha.org/companion.html), Vicky, the owner of Q's Whistle Stop (https://www.facebook.com/QusWhistleStop/) said she will not be in business next year. The restaurant is for sale. She will close at the end of the month.

Anyone interested in owning a former train depot loaded with restaurant equipment and seating on Vt. Rt. 103 North Clarendon, VT, one half mile from the Trail? If so, contact Vicki (802)772-7012.

Praha4
09-03-2016, 19:40
I stopped there a week ago for the Hiker Breakfast...and LOVE the Whistle Stop. They told us they were closing cuz the owner was turning the building into a train museum. I hope they can find an owner who will maintain the Cafe! And I think it's actually a little less than a half mile off the trail. But great place, great food, great people. Hope it stays open.

Minerva
09-03-2016, 19:59
Hikers can continue to get good food only a half mile further west at Loretta's Good Food Deli (https://www.facebook.com/Lorettas-Good-Food-Deli-196368400510242/ttp://), Dennis and his crew have a fabulous deli department, hand carved sandwiches loaded with meat and fresh veggies [he grows the tomatoes on site]. He also has a well stocked store, more than a short term resupply.

Jeff
09-04-2016, 06:41
Vicky was super hiker friendly. She will be missed.

hikeandbike5
09-04-2016, 09:11
best breakfast on the whole trail!

bigcranky
09-04-2016, 13:38
Yeah, we thoroughly enjoyed that breakfast.

OkeefenokeeJoe
09-04-2016, 18:01
If I bought it, I'd turn it in to a biscuit emporium, and sell only freshly made southern biscuits .... not those sissy, citified, yankee biscuits (hard enough to bust a car windshield), mind you, but shore-nuff giant, flaky, made-from-scratch, southern home-style cat-head biscuits. The kind of biscuits that the elders used to say ... "Son, eat you one of them-there biscuits and you can plow till dark."

The (limited) menu:

Buttery cat-head biscuit with fresh fruit jam or jelly, cat-head biscuit with spicy fried (fresh) chicken breast, cat-head biscuit with homemade sausage links, cat-head biscuit with country ham, cat-head biscuit with a thick slice of cheddar cheese, cat-head biscuit with thick sliced bacon and egg, or cat-head biscuit with any combination of previously stated fresh ingredients.

Sides:

1) Steamy, buttery homemade grits or; 2) home-made hash browns. That's all. No other sides. If you want anything that resembles oatmeal, then keep walking north.

Of course, I will also serve hot coffee, fresh juices, soda, and spring water.

That's it! A limited menu, but one that allows me to QUICKLY serve hot, freshly prepared food to the hungry masses.

I will have only one stipulation .... all guitar strummers will be required to eat in the small soundproof room out back so they can mindlessly strum strum strum strum on their guitars and make guttural noises to their heart's delight, outside the earshot of the rest of the free world.

Thank you for your patronage and I'll see you all at the new Whistle Stop Biscuit Emporium.

OkeefenokeeJoe