PDA

View Full Version : Nerdy Girl Looking For 2017 NOBO Thru Hike Partners.

Rayleeya
09-05-2016, 22:31
Greetings,

My name is Connie ( No TRAIL Name Yet ). I am looking for people to start my NOBO thru hike in 2017, I plan to do anywhere between 10-15 miles per day starting off! Of course there will stops in town for supplies and zeros as needed. I am very easy going and I have a great personality! I do plan to take photos and videos along the trail to document my journey. If any of this sounds up your alley feel for to PM me anytime.
I plan to start between March 1st - 15th

Hope to see many of you on the trail in the 2017 NOBO hiking season!

Gambit McCrae
09-06-2016, 07:58
It may be hard to think to do but I would say 99% of others here will tell ya the same thing...Just go do it. You will not believe the amount of people out there thru hiking the same time you are, they will also be alone, and everyone is looking for friends on the trail. If you start with someone, and they quit, you yourself are more inclined to quite, instead of saying bye to someone you met and hiked with along the way. Welcome and have a good hike

Fireplug
09-06-2016, 23:16
Not to bust a bubble here but if your planning on doing 10 to 15 miles a day your going to be hurting. Unless your are experienced in long distance hiking. Ga will kick your butt. That's why many people quit at Neels Gap. Just don't push it. You will have plenty of time. The shelters are placed about 8 miles apart and that's a great starting out point. Take it slow the first week or so. You will notice that shelters will be more spaced out nearing the NC border.

Fireplug
09-06-2016, 23:18
I'm sure I will see you on the trail we are starting at the same time. This past June I did 134 miles. Neels Gap to Fontana Dam. It's tuff. Only flat was Standing Indian Mountain. You run a ridge for most of it. Check out my YouTube videos of it