PDA

View Full Version : ISO Gear modifier: Fabrics

Gambit McCrae
09-06-2016, 14:08
I am in search of someone who is capable of making some modifications to a pack I have. I have contacted the manufacturer and they are not interested. Modifications would be to replaced the side bottle holders with taller pockets and replace the mesh front pouch with a larger volume front pouch.

Sandy of PA
09-06-2016, 19:34
Not an easy task. The pockets are put on a pack while it is still a flat sheet, not a bag. You can get the mesh pocket material from Z-Packs, but hand sewing it yourself might be the only way to get what you want.

MuddyWaters
09-06-2016, 20:21
john at bearpaw has done things like that in past

If its a simple sack that can be turned inside out and open up the seams its probably not too hard
If its a more complicated internal frame pack...probably not.

I have read of people taking gear to local seamstress and telling them what they want and being happy with results as well.

Gambit McCrae
09-06-2016, 21:14
Tired of my smartwater bottles falling out and my tarptent not fitting in my front pocket with wrestling with it ��

ernie84
09-08-2016, 20:31
Check out Rainy Pass Repair. They may do that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venchka
09-08-2016, 23:44
Tired of my smartwater bottles falling out and my tarptent not fitting in my front pocket with wrestling with it ��

Agreed. Packs ain't built right anymore. Real pockets went the way of the ivory bill woodpecker.
Wayne

Old. Slow. "Smarter than the average bear."