PDA

View Full Version : GoLite Fierce 20/40/60 bag

JimSproul
01-10-2006, 21:18
Brand New! GoLite Fierce 775 Down Sleeping Bag on ebay for $179 I have a convetrible from Sierra Design and like it a bunch. Thought I would post this for people looking for a bag.

GoLite Fierce
The light weight rage is on; backpackers the world over are making every ounce count! GoLite has us covered in that arena, but what about the other side of the coin (making every dollar count!)? Check out this multi-use bag from GoLite! The secret lies in a zip-off Polarguard 3D blanket that stands alone in warmer conditions (60°F). Use the 775FP European down bag alone in moderate conditions (40°F)or zip the blanket on for the coldest weather (20°F).
Product Information:
Full zip (left)
Draft tube and neck collar.
Includes both stuff and storage sacks.
Nylon/polyester shell with polyester lining.
Stuff size: 16 x 8 inches
Dimensions: Shoulder x Hip x Foot 64x60x44
Weight: 1 lb. 11 oz.
Bag weight 2 lb. 13 oz.; Total weight (w/zip-on blanket) 3 lb. 11 oz.
Brand new with tags still attached!

neo
01-11-2006, 12:15
golite gear sucks:cool: neo

Singe03
01-11-2006, 15:34
Overall I agree Go-Lite is kind of weak, I saw ALOT of shredded go-lite gear on my AT hike but maybe I got lucky.

I have a little older model Go-Lite fierce (20/40) and it held up nicely for the 1800 miles I did in 2003 and numerous weekend trips since them, actually still looks rather new. I'll be taking it out to the LSHT this weekend.

I do think the temperature rating on the bag is a little "generous" but I have no doubt that is a given with most bags.