PDA

View Full Version : Date Book/Thru-Hikers guide

AveMaria
01-11-2006, 21:45
Will it be all teh same to use these books from a year or two ago? I have a Thru-Hikers 2003. I ASSUME there isn't much change but, I dunno.:-? And would you recommend one or the other, both or neither to carry with?
Thanks in advance for any input!

Ave Maria

Zzzzdyd
01-11-2006, 21:59
my '04 models of these books. I carry the complete Data-book to find the water & camping sites, and also as a notebook. I only carry what pages of the ALDHA Companion I need to get me to my next pick-up place of my bounce box.

I would imagine that there have been some minor changes, but none that one can't learn about on the trail.

It's your money and your pack. Whatever you do, don't start without feeling as comfortable as possible. A worried mind will wear you out faster than a few extra ounces I promise you !! I really don't want to carry the Data-book, but know I will worry about finding water to much if I don't. :o

tiamalle
01-11-2006, 23:48
Will it be all teh same to use these books from a year or two ago? I have a Thru-Hikers 2003. I ASSUME there isn't much change but, I dunno.:-? And would you recommend one or the other, both or neither to carry with?
Thanks in advance for any input!

Ave MariaMaria the trail its self has not changed,But 15% to 20%
of the services are new or folded.When you make it to Franklin I have 5
or so 2005s.I'll give you one,

Alpine Bomber
03-25-2013, 04:13
I had a current book when I hike last year and by the time we hit our first town the resupply had gone out of business. I'm going again this year and bought a new book. I recommend AWOL. It'll save you money, it's more detailed, and it has elevation profiles.