PDA

View Full Version : Packafeather XL

nuknees
09-27-2016, 07:46
Anyone have any real long term trail time experience with the Packafeather alcohol stoves? I like the idea of adjustable heat control for cooking vs just boiling water, but concerned about how the control apparatus will hold up.
Have you found ways to control heat to actually cook with your alcohol stoves?

English Stu
09-30-2016, 10:52
I have used the FeatherFire for over 40 days or so and it is still going strong. Because of pot arms I find it not the easiest to light without singing myself; but that might be just me. It is effective and it does simmer. I use it with a MSR Titan Kettle and a homemade Caldera Cone. I have small circle of hardware cloth so I can put the cloth on the stove and then, still using the Cone, put my Ti mug on to boil for a drink whilst I eat my breakfast or dinner.
Unless you really trashed it and the cable control gave out you would still be left with reservoir to treat as a regular alky stove.

QiWiz
09-30-2016, 12:29
He may see this and respond himself, but I know Handlebar has use a Packafeather for years. He has completed the three USA long trails and many others, so the stove has gotten lots of use.