PDA

View Full Version : I-40 to Hot Springs Water

soumodeler
09-28-2016, 12:41
Anyone have current info for water on this section? Headed out Friday.

bstiffler
09-29-2016, 04:19
hey same thing here heading out from standing bear tomorrow for Erwin was wondering what the water situation was like. it looks like they were supposed to get some rain the beginning of this week. I thinks it's bow season around there from what I can tell so got out my orange gear.

soumodeler
10-03-2016, 21:25
Many of the smaller creeks were dry and even the larger water sources were nothing more than a trickle. I carried 2 liters and only ran out once. Hopefully this hurricane will very gently bring rain to the mountains. No wind, just rain!

captike
10-04-2016, 11:29
We have a group leaving the 17th of October headed through this area and I was wondering the same thing. I called the GSMNP backcountry office to inquire about water and they said north of Clingman's, the water was still running...slower than normal, but still there. They said south of Clingman's it was very dry. In fact, two of their shelters have no water. I'm hoping it'll be the same in the area you asked about since the two aren't that far apart. If you don't mind, please post back here when you get back to confirm. Thanks in advance.