PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Southbound bubble?

O-H-10 Lil Ohio
09-29-2016, 19:36
I will be hiking in SNP starting on Monday for three or four day's ,not sure yet where I will enter the park. Usually on my last night I set up camp at either end with fruit and others goodies for those continuing on South. If it to late I will just stay on the trail and enjoy my walk . Thanks in advanced for any comments.

DavidNH
09-29-2016, 19:39
there aren't very many hikers south bounding (as compared to north bounding) so I doubt there will be much of a bubble at any time. I suspect if you are hiking in SNP during September you will see mostly section hikers.

la.lindsey
09-29-2016, 19:42
I will be hiking in SNP starting on Monday for three or four day's ,not sure yet where I will enter the park. Usually on my last night I set up camp at either end with fruit and others goodies for those continuing on South. If it to late I will just stay on the trail and enjoy my walk . Thanks in advanced for any comments.

I know there are some SOBOs headed in to Grayson next weekend (not this weekend). They are ahead of "the bubble," as much as it exists. I think the southern end of SNP would probably be a safe bet, but I can't say for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O-H-10 Lil Ohio
09-29-2016, 19:46
Thanks, folks, I had about ten SOBO last year. also plenty of section hikers that I've known for many years. Tic Tic

lemon b
10-02-2016, 12:18
Ran into Mr. Natural and Yesman hitching on Rte 8 between Adams and Pittsfield by the Shell Station. Flipflopping headed South. Helped em get some fuel, coffee, and food. They finish up in Pa. People are spread all over this year. That's what I see living close to the Trail. That's a good thing.

egilbe
10-02-2016, 12:46
Ran into Mr. Natural and Yesman hitching on Rte 8 between Adams and Pittsfield by the Shell Station. Flipflopping headed South. Helped em get some fuel, coffee, and food. They finish up in Pa. People are spread all over this year. That's what I see living close to the Trail. That's a good thing.

A lot of people flip flopped this year because of the lack of water down South earlier. All Summer up here in Maine I ran into flip-floppers and South bounders. Still people starting a sobo hike in August that we ran into on Moxie Bald

O-H-10 Lil Ohio
10-02-2016, 21:41
thanks, I'll report my findings next week once I am off the trail.