PDA

View Full Version : Sack for a sooty pot and woodburner?

skylark
01-12-2006, 09:05
What is a good way to store a sooty pot and woodburner stove? A silnylon stuff sack? A cloth sack?

Where do you pack this in your pack? In other words, what is it next to?

jlb2012
01-12-2006, 10:45
back when I used a woodburner I used a plastic bag from the grocery store for the pot and zip stove - sometimes I would double bag - if the bag gets ripped its real easy to get another - I packed it right next to my food which was in another plastic bag

art to linda
01-12-2006, 12:07
my stove goes into the pot which goes into its own stuff sack which then goes into the stuff sack for the rest of my kitchen... when the sack gets to dirty a few drops of soap in a ziplock with some warm water clean it up & it dries out in no time.

C_Brice
01-13-2006, 00:37
I use a tyvek envelope I taped together for my nomad stove. Works great. For the pot, just hang it on the outside of your pack? Just a thought. I Also thought about using the zip-lock bags that "Jack Link's" beef jerky comes in. Ya know, the big bags of jerky you get at Wal-mart,

Chris

Wolf - 23000
01-13-2006, 04:53
When I carried a zip ztove, prior to placing it inside my pack I rub the bottom into the dirt to keep the pot from being all sticky. You can also keep your pot from getting all sticky by placing a few drops of soap on the bottom of your pot before doing your cooking.

Wolf

neo
01-13-2006, 10:23
i on rare ocassions have carried 2 LITER POT with a seirra zip stove in the pot,i store it in an old campmor stuff sack:cool: neo