PDA

View Full Version : Another Triple Crown Attempt in 1 yr!

Blister
01-12-2006, 16:41
Trauma currently on the AT also is attempting a Triple crown attempt in a year. Another strong willed individual to accompany Squeaky and Flyin Brian (no matter how much all ya'll want to argue amogst yourselves, a personal goal is a personal goal). He started in November and here is a link that ya'll can check out
http://www.granitegear.com/trauma/index.html
there are a couple of links from there to check out.
I wish him the best of luck. One trail a year is enough for me.

calearn
01-12-2006, 17:10
Trama and Yoni's hike won't be in a calendar year TC if they make it because they started the AT before January 1. What impresses me more than anything is Yoni is a Triple Crown Dog and Yoni will now likely also be the first dog to hike the entire Eastern Continental Trail (ETC). Also if they complete the entire trip, both Trama and Yoni will have hiked the Triple Crown twice in four years along with several other trails.

It also blows me away that they ran into Ken and Marcia on their American Discovery Trail hike, http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=109911 while they were hiking the CDT last year. What are the chances of that?

fiddlehead
01-13-2006, 03:55
Good luck to them. I hope they have an amazing adventure.
"In a year" doesn't say in a calender year. The important thing is that they are going to be "living on the edge" for most of that year. And lovin it i would imagine.

Squeaky 2
01-13-2006, 10:28
regardless of the calendar year bull**** what trauma is doing is incredible, and he is also doing it the toughest way which is a credit to the person he is and very comendable. to start the ECT in winter and go south is a hundred times tougher than a jan 1st start in key west and have the comfort of warm weather for the whole hike. plus after the grueling start in winter which will take alot out of him physically and mentally he is still faced with thru hikes of the pct and cdt to which he has already committed himself to without knowing what winter will bring and leave behind for him in the higher elevations. he is in for one hell of a challenge and one we should all get behind him for and support him all the way.

Trauma i thoughly believe you are raising the bar and for that i wish you success!

Heater
01-13-2006, 11:06
regardless of the calendar year bull**** what trauma is doing is incredible, and he is also doing it the toughest way which is a credit to the person he is and very comendable. to start the ECT in winter and go south is a hundred times tougher than a jan 1st start in key west and have the comfort of warm weather for the whole hike. plus after the grueling start in winter which will take alot out of him physically and mentally he is still faced with thru hikes of the pct and cdt to which he has already committed himself to without knowing what winter will bring and leave behind for him in the higher elevations. he is in for one hell of a challenge and one we should all get behind him for and support him all the way.

Trauma i thoughly believe you are raising the bar and for that i wish you success!

Squeaky, you are one classy dude! :sun