PDA

View Full Version : Springer to NC Oct 17-30 ride share?

Islandwheels
10-13-2016, 23:16
New to this forum so not sure if in right section, but looks like I'm the last of our larger group starting AT second half of October wanting to accomplish at least Dicks Creek Gap, although Deep Gap NC would be better, and Wayah NC parking area would be awesome but not likely. Now, though, I don't have another vehicle to get me back to my pickup near the start near Springer.

So does anyone want or have suggestion on sharing rides. Not really looking for a hiking partner (but not anti social either) and probably would slow you down anyway.

Not sure about rules of leaving phone numbers or contact info but my cell is 321 313-9913. Hope to be leaving Jacksonville FL area next Monday 10-17-16, seeing how far 10 days to 2 weeks can get me. :confused: My experience with hiking, not much but some, have packed in and climbed over 10 fourteeners in Colorado.

Farr Away
10-14-2016, 14:38
You might want to consider a shuttle to the end of your hike, and then you can walk back to your vehicle. Of course, that doesn't allow you to change where you finish on-the-fly.

-FA