PDA

View Full Version : PCT section suggestion

backpacker710
10-15-2016, 12:50
I will have a few weeks off between seasonal jobs from mid October to mid November. I would like to hike a 250-300 mile section of the PCT during this time. Obviously I would be confined to the southern section due to weather. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a section that wouldn't have too much snow and would have enough reliable water during this time? I would prefer to not have to rely on water caches if possible.

Venchka
10-15-2016, 13:36
Start at Campo NOBO. A friend of mine did about 125 miles from Campo last November. He carried a lot of water some days. He's my age. He survived.
It's already mid-October. Get going.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogwood
10-15-2016, 13:59
This is a repeat of a similar question posed by ColoradoRob and another who's name currently escapes me on two different very recent threads. Might want to search them down checking out the options already given.

YoungBloodOnTrail
10-16-2016, 07:42
Campo northbound would be nice in that time frame. You would get to climb San Jacinto which could possible have a little snow on it but unlikely that it would be anything major. also you would end somewhere around the Deep Creek Hotsprings, which would be an awesome place to wrap up a hike.

Dogwood
10-16-2016, 16:34
Yeah, just the way I want too end a hike....having amoeba eating my brain.:D