PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones Season 7 Winter is Here!!!!!!

GriZZiLLa_Ga-Me09
10-16-2016, 03:48
I know this one probably sounds silly to non GoT fans. I'll probably hear something here along the lines of "If your so worried about a tv show maybe you shouldn't be hiking" or something to that extent (probably from someone not into GoT) so let me just say I don't care what you have to say or think, Hike your own Hike

That being said.........

Season 7 of my all time favorite show will premier 6.26.17. As I plan on being in the middle of my thru hike at this time I'm worried about potential spoilers from any source while on trail, or in town, on the radio in a hitched ride or being picked up by a fan who spills something.

In a show full of surprises, twist, turns and betrayal I'm usually very adamant about watching it the night of release to prevent any such spoilers. As Season 7 looks to be more intense than ever I definitely see myself planning a re-supply around the premier and get to a town and stay in a hotel with HBO that night, already so hyped for it and it's still 8 months away. Thinking about trying to use HBO GO/NOW to potentially watch the rest of the episodes on trail (if there's service). Should be in the mid-Atlantic lowlands at that point where service on trail is more frequent.

Are there any other GoT fans that are hiking next year that have given this any though?

Any GoT fans that have been on a thru-hike in the past during GoT season and heard any spoilers before getting to see the show.

egilbe
10-16-2016, 08:40
What is the got you speak of?

GriZZiLLa_Ga-Me09
10-16-2016, 10:47
.................#GoT a FeeliN

KDogg
10-16-2016, 12:33
Get, or find someone with, HBO Go and watch it on your smartphone while you are on the trail.

icemanerich
10-16-2016, 13:23
I was on a cruise in the Mediterranean this past June. I was able to download the episodes via torrent easily right into my phone. From there I could watch them on my phone or transfer them to a little flash drive I had and plug it into the room's TV. It was no problem.

GriZZiLLa_Ga-Me09
10-16-2016, 13:31
Get, or find someone with, HBO Go and watch it on your smartphone while you are on the trail.

Yes I mentioned that in my OP. Hoping to get service on trail as I should be in PA-VT around that time. Either that or watch from phone in a hostel with wi-do if I can't find a hotel or don't want to spring for one.

7ach
10-16-2016, 20:26
If you wait you can benge watch them

GriZZiLLa_Ga-Me09
10-16-2016, 21:01
If you wait you can benge watch them

I worry about hearing something before I see it.

goldielocks
11-07-2016, 01:36
Right?!?!? This is a serious issue for GOT fans. But then again, if we're being honest, I probably wont be on social media enough to even catch any of the spoilers. Plus, I'll end up binge watching it when I get back and drinking as much wine as I want :)

DuneElliot
11-07-2016, 10:24
Even in civilization I almost never hear anything about GoT unless I pull up Yahoo. I don't hear people talk about it and only rarely do my friends post about it on FB. Keep your internet interaction to a minimum and I'm sure you won't hear anything. If someone even starts to bring it up, either ask that they not as you don't want any spoilers or walk away from the discussion. Besides, a couple of spoilers aren't going to ruin the enjoyment of it for you

colorado_rob
11-07-2016, 10:42
Even in civilization I almost never hear anything about GoT unless I pull up Yahoo. I don't hear people talk about it and only rarely do my friends post about it on FB. Keep your internet interaction to a minimum and I'm sure you won't hear anything. If someone even starts to bring it up, either ask that they not as you don't want any spoilers or walk away from the discussion. Besides, a couple of spoilers aren't going to ruin the enjoyment of it for you

Yeah, this. Really, I never hear spoilers unless looked for online, and I'm a huge GOT fan (I read all 5 books on my AT hike, on a Kindle App, of course). We can't wait until the new season.... the last season ended so well ! All is really well set up for a grand Stark reunion!

We plan on being on the PCT a lot next year, we'll just binge-watch when we're back home for a break mid-late summer. Our daughters are huge GOT fans (and, being girls, huge Jon Snow fans...), and they will cooperate by not revealing anything.

Just in case any of you haven't seen this..... SNL meets Jon Snow....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabsgCQhpu4

(sorry about the long lead in Ad)

moldy
11-10-2016, 18:13
By the time G0T starts this Summer there will only be one topic talked about around the ole camp fire by your fellow hikers on the Appalachian Trail. At that stage it's FOOD that will be at the core of every conversation.

jekerdud
11-14-2016, 16:02
I'll leave my Netflix account active while I am on the AT.... maybe in June I'll get my HBO Go sub back up and running.