PDA

View Full Version : Trail Magic Pen-Mar

J Christo
10-18-2016, 14:36
I live in Maryland about 68 miles away from Pen-Mar County Park. My husband and I are still several years away from a thru hike but we'd like to leave some trail magic this summer. What time frame should we plan on and what kind of foods would be appreciated? I also plan on having first aid supplies for them to restock as well.

Slo-go'en
10-18-2016, 16:28
I hope you mean "give out" trail magic, not "leave" trail magic. Pen-Mar is a busy place so just leaving anything there would not be a good idea and would likely be seen as trash. You need to personally attend and hand this out.

Hot dogs and soda are favorites and any kind of snacks.

The flip floppers will start coming through the last week of April, then a small but steady stream until larger numbers start getting there in mid to late June.

Deadeye
10-18-2016, 16:31
I always crave ice-cold Coke when hiking. If it's cold, hot coffee or chocolate is great. Hot dogs, fresh fruit, donuts...

J Christo
10-18-2016, 19:34
Sorry for the wrong terminology. Yes, I mean give out, not leave. We would be present to hand out the trail magic. Thank you for the tips.

shelb
10-18-2016, 23:16
If you are there giving things out, it will be appreciated! It is awesome to meet people who are positive and encouraging hikers!

J Christo
10-19-2016, 07:25
I truly admire thru hikers and look forward to feeding them and chatting with them.

chknfngrs
10-19-2016, 08:12
Consider a road crossing nearby so as not to attract doppelgängers