PDA

View Full Version : Open Arms Hostel & shuttles, Luray, VA

Open Arms
10-19-2016, 21:52
After perusing through the site, I couldn't find any information about us being near the trail. So... let's take care of that.

Open Arms Hostel & Inn has been open for just over a year now and, while we are a work-in-progress, we try to take good care of our hikers and visitors. I want to let folks know that I can pick up and drop off hikers at the Thornton Gap trail head if I know you're coming and it's part of the package... along with a ride to resupply.

I've also started doing shuttles and travel pretty much all over Shenandoah Valley and into the northern Virginia area.

Let me know if you have any questions: (540) 244-5652. If I don't answer... leave a message or text as I may be out of cell service area or substitute teaching. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Alison
Owner of Open Arms Hostel & Inn
Luray, VA

Engine
10-20-2016, 07:04
Thanks Alison, I'll make a note in our AT Guide. :-)

The Solemates
10-20-2016, 13:17
awesome. are ARs allowed?

...sorry that was my first thought when I saw your thread. clicked on it just bc the name

TOW
02-20-2017, 20:07
Cool......

TX Aggie
02-20-2017, 21:17
awesome. are ARs allowed?

...sorry that was my first thought when I saw your thread. clicked on it just bc the name

If you want to carry that extra 7 lbs on a thru hike......

Elaikases
02-20-2017, 23:31
Thanks! My wife and I are planning another section hike that ends near Luray (as did the one we did a year ago, though not the one we did recently in Georgia) and shuttles are always on my mind. ;)

Sandy of PA
02-21-2017, 10:23
You are on page 92 of AWOLs ATguide, Open Arms at the Edge of Town.

Praha4
02-21-2017, 12:39
great news, wish I had known last year, I had two section hike stop/starts at Thornton Gap, and couldn't find anyplace in Luray to stay, and shuttles were a bit of a challenge in that section