PDA

View Full Version : New Breakfast concoction for coffee drinkers.

10-K
10-31-2016, 08:05
My new favorite breakfast drink.... give it a try as it is really good.

Coffee (I buy coffee packets like you find in a hotel room in bulk)
2 packets Clif Double Expresso energy gels (each has 100mg caffeine)
1 packet hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Instructions:

Put coffee pod in pot with 16 oz water.
Heat to boiling, remove from heat.
Let coffee steep for 3 minutes, remove pod from coffee.
Squeeze 2 energy gel packets into coffee, stir (they dissolve almost instantly)
Pour in hot chocolate mix and stir.

Now let me tell you - this is a tasty treat - if you had some whipped cream it would make a good dessert. Counting the caffeine from the coffee you might even get 300 mg in you from this 16 oz drink.

Powers you right up and *bonus* - it's a great poop motivator. :) :)

Joe Shug
10-31-2016, 11:18
Sounds like it gets you going in more ways than one...

skater
10-31-2016, 17:53
Sounds like it gets you going in more ways than one...
:clap:clap

10-K
10-31-2016, 17:55
I can't tell you how tasty this is though. I swear Starbucks could sell it - whipped cream and a cherry is all it's missing.

It would rock even more with 3/4 cup of oatmeal mixed with it - that's next on my list.

scrabbler
10-31-2016, 17:56
You should be cautious with this before jumping right in. 300mg is a LOT of caffeine. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, just saying.

10-K
10-31-2016, 18:02
You should be cautious with this before jumping right in. 300mg is a LOT of caffeine. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, just saying.

Agree. I think 1 No-Doz has 200 mg of caffeine. The 2 gel packets in my recipe get you there. Then whatever is in the coffee.

Anybody that would try this probably has an idea of their caffeine tolerance. I usually start the day with 2-3 cups or 1 large at a convenience store and I drink a cup or so during the day so I have somewhat of a tolerance.

I hate hiking first thing in the morning without a coffee jumpstart.

gpburdelljr
10-31-2016, 18:11
I can't tell you how tasty this is though. I swear Starbucks could sell it - whipped cream and a cherry is all it's missing.

It would rock even more with 3/4 cup of oatmeal mixed with it - that's next on my list.

Oatmeal in your coffee?????? Unlike chocolate and peanut butter, some things shouldn't be mixed.

AfterParty
10-31-2016, 18:14
Sounds good.

10-K
10-31-2016, 18:34
Oatmeal in your coffee?????? Unlike chocolate and peanut butter, some things shouldn't be mixed.

On the PCT I got on a hot chocolate-coffee-oatmeal jag. 3 packets of oatmeal, 3 packets of hot chocolate, and a coffee pod - bonus points if I had some sugar packets I carried out of town.

Venchka
10-31-2016, 21:15
Hmmmm.....
Somewhere here Saltysack and I shared variations on hot or cold quick and easy instant breakfast based jump starters. Bonus points if you can get the WhiteBlaze search thingy to find it.
My variation abbreviated:
Single portion Carnation Breakfast Essentials
Single portion Nido whole milk (thinking about double portion)
1 scoop (20 grams) Pea protein
1 or 2 single serving instant coffee, Cafe Bustelo or Via Italian Roast.
8 ounces water
Shake. Drink.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praha4
10-31-2016, 22:27
great recipe

when I was in the Army, we used to makeup a similar coffee/hot chocolate treat, heated in our steel canteen cups in the field

instant coffee pack & hot chocolate mixed in hot water
( we didn't have the energy gel packs)

but it was hot n' tasty on cold mornings or nights in the field

Oventoasted
11-02-2016, 21:12
I have a feeling I would be sprinting up the trail after drinking this, haha! :D

Last Call
11-03-2016, 03:47
2 Kroger single serve coffee bags + 1 Carnation Hot Chocalate......all you need.....been making that recipe forever....