PDA

View Full Version : Springer Water?

volleypc
11-01-2016, 11:19
A few of us are going hiking with an old friend and I was hoping someone familiar with the area could provide some insight on the water situation. We are only going from Springer to Gooch Gap but I expect we will be doing about 6 miles per day (we want to keep it slow and as easy as possible for our friend). I believe there is water at Hawks Mountain and at Justus Creek, but how about between Springer and Hawks Mountain? Any updates on Stover Creek? Long Creek Falls? Thank you in advance for your help.

Uncle Joe
11-01-2016, 13:53
There's water from Springer to the Long Creek Falls turn off. Stover and the creeks at Three Forks should all be running fine. The crux will be from Hawk Mountain to Justice Creek. I think Rain Man has a running report perhaps he'll paste it in here.

FreeGoldRush
11-01-2016, 19:06
A few of us are going hiking with an old friend and I was hoping someone familiar with the area could provide some insight on the water situation. We are only going from Springer to Gooch Gap but I expect we will be doing about 6 miles per day (we want to keep it slow and as easy as possible for our friend). I believe there is water at Hawks Mountain and at Justus Creek, but how about between Springer and Hawks Mountain? Any updates on Stover Creek? Long Creek Falls? Thank you in advance for your help.

Today I hiked the approach trail (twice) and it is absolutely dry. Three forks had tons of water about three weeks ago and I'm sure it is fine today.

Teacher & Snacktime
11-01-2016, 20:14
There's water from Springer to the Long Creek Falls turn off. Stover and the creeks at Three Forks should all be running fine. The crux will be from Hawk Mountain to Justice Creek. I think Rain Man has a running report perhaps he'll paste it in here.

I think you mean Fat Man. There's a 7 mile stretch between Hawk Mtn and Gooch Gap that has no water. However, there are usually jugs to be found at Cooper Gap, and if you contact shuttler Ron Brown, then there will most certainly be.

Uncle Joe
11-01-2016, 21:37
I should have been clear I meant from Springer to Long Creek Falls not necessarily AT Springer. And yes Ron is diligent with putting out jugs there.