PDA

View Full Version : ~ Layering For Cold Temperatures ~

heather_
11-01-2016, 16:03
Hello Lovlies :sun

Right now I plan on bringing a pair of wool leggings for the cold weather, if I get really cold i'll throw on my rain pants. (I'm starting my hike on March 5.) Should I bring another pair of pants to layer over my leggings, or is it unnecessary?

nsherry61
11-01-2016, 17:46
I'd vote for exactly what you have planned.

Studlintsean
11-01-2016, 17:49
I'd also agree with one caveat that you have a dry pair of warm leggings to change into once you get to camp.

egilbe
11-01-2016, 19:17
One pair of leggings to hike in, and one pair of leggings that stay dry that you sleep in and for those "what did I get myself into" moments.

bigcranky
11-01-2016, 20:09
I tend to hike in shorts, and keep my wool long john bottoms for camp and sleeping, but I have been known to put them under the shorts in very cold weather. I also like using my rain pants over the long john bottoms in camp.

So yeah, that can work. Much will depend on the weather in late March in the Smokies.

-Rush-
11-02-2016, 10:28
So yeah, that can work. Much will depend on the weather in late March in the Smokies.

+1

I strongly advise you to have a Beanie, Shirt, Leggings, Socks in a dry bag you only wear in camp. This is especially important after hiking in 12 miles of slush in the Smokies. And don't forget a pair of good water resistant gloves like the OR Versaliner @ 2.8oz.