PDA

View Full Version : How to Repair Cork Trekking Poles With Cracks?

heather_
11-02-2016, 20:59
Hello Lovlies :sun

I bought a pair of Black Diamond Alpine Ergo Cork Trekking poles from an alternative website. My warranty has already expired unfortunately and recently i've noticed a small crack in the middle of my cork handle. I never used these poles .. I'm concerned the crack with get bigger when I actually start using them. How can I mend cracks in corks, or do you think it won't be an issue?

Don H
11-02-2016, 21:02
This: http://www.flyrodcrafters.com/BLOG/repairing-a-cracked-cork-grip/

rocketsocks
11-03-2016, 01:23
Hello Lovlies :sun

I bought a pair of Black Diamond Alpine Ergo Cork Trekking poles from an alternative website. My warranty has already expired unfortunately and recently i've noticed a small crack in the middle of my cork handle. I never used these poles .. I'm concerned the crack with get bigger when I actually start using them. How can I mend cracks in corks, or do you think it won't be an issue?ello love
if they're superficial you can get some cork and sand it to dust, and drop/drizzle a couple pin head size dots of superglue off the end of a toothpick (don't over do it, less is more)....let dry and repeat as nessasary to fill in crack...sand grip smooth.

rocketsocks
11-03-2016, 01:26
Use a fine grit sand paper...#220 or higher.

Leo L.
11-03-2016, 08:49
If all fails, a piece of heat shrink sleeve could help.

DuneElliot
11-03-2016, 11:47
Leather glue...I use it for EVERYTHING. It is flexible and waterproof. It's also very easy to make smooth from the get go.