PDA

View Full Version : (Help!) Final Gear Decision: Patagonia Torrentshell in the Desert

Rybir
11-03-2016, 08:59
Days away from go time. Very ready. But, which I'm sure is natural, I am questioning some gear choices. What ya'll think about the need for a Torrentshell on a late fall AZT thru?

If I leave it at home (return it for a nice penny) I will be dependent on a Feathered Friends Jackorack windjacket as my outer shell.

Thank you!

saltysack
11-03-2016, 09:08
Days away from go time. Very ready. But, which I'm sure is natural, I am questioning some gear choices. What ya'll think about the need for a Torrentshell on a late fall AZT thru?

If I leave it at home (return it for a nice penny) I will be dependent on a Feathered Friends Jackorack windjacket as my outer shell.

Thank you!

I used a torrent rain shell few years back....it was a sweat box....I'd return just take 1oz emergency poncho....with that said I don't no squat about AZT....[emoji51].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rybir
11-03-2016, 09:21
I used a torrent rain shell few years back....it was a sweat box....I'd return just take 1oz emergency poncho....with that said I don't no squat about AZT....[emoji51].

Where did you use it?

egilbe
11-03-2016, 09:38
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Arizona/yearly-average-precipitation.php

I don't believe you will need a rainshell, but that could just be me. The one or two days it might rain, you can hole up in your tent.

Rybir
11-03-2016, 09:48
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Arizona/yearly-average-precipitation.php

I don't believe you will need a rainshell, but that could just be me. The one or two days it might rain, you can hole up in your tent.

Yeah I am close to returning. It was a freak out buy. But wind jacket is very nice and I have reliable shelter.

DuneElliot
11-03-2016, 09:53
In the desert I'd probably just rely on an emergency rain poncho. Carry a couple, just in case; they're maybe 20g a piece.

saltysack
11-03-2016, 09:57
Where did you use it?

45* in NC.....switched to an OR helium 2 and a Houdini wind jacket...very happy with this combo...

Rybir
11-03-2016, 09:57
Maybe a Frogg Togg UL poncho is cool.middle road

swisscross
11-03-2016, 09:58
Rybir,
Sent you a PM