PDA

View Full Version : Starting May 06 SOBO

Jones134679
01-15-2006, 02:14
I am starting may o6 after i take my finals and would like to have someone to hike with....i plan on hiking till mid August....I was hoping for someone around my age but in the end it doesnt really matter as long as i got someone to talk to. I want to start planning soon so i can have everythign ready. If anyone is interested let me know!!!

TJ aka Teej
01-15-2006, 02:33
Welcome to Whiteblaze. Baxter State Park will not open for overnight camping until May 15th. The Appalachian Trail, called the Hunt Trail as it climbs out of Katahdin Stream Campground, will probably not be open until Memorial Day or later. You will have company heading south, by the end of June over one hundred AT hikers will have headed into the 100 Mile Wilderness. If you search Whiteblaze, you'll find several threads started by this year's MEGAs.

RITBlake
01-31-2006, 02:49
when you hike the AT SOBO you get to look forward to things like thisS
http://www.maine2georgia.com/Maine/slides/006.JPG
where the trail just simply disapears below a swollen pond.
I'm smiling in the picture but I'm really thinking 'now what?'

khaynie
01-31-2006, 10:18
Nice picture. I remember that day well. Had to do take the high-water route...

ryan207
02-04-2006, 22:27
I am starting may o6 after i take my finals and would like to have someone to hike with....i plan on hiking till mid August....I was hoping for someone around my age but in the end it doesnt really matter as long as i got someone to talk to. I want to start planning soon so i can have everythign ready. If anyone is interested let me know!!!

I would be down if I wasnt working to make money for my NOBO hike in 07. Only advice I can offer you is to start mid to late june, Being a native in Maine I can tell you that you will encounter lots of mud, high water (obviously) and most annoyingly those black flies anytime earlier than that. They always find a way to get to you but its not as intense in late june on. Just a thought, good luck!