PDA

View Full Version : Halloween treats

Suzzz
11-06-2016, 22:25
I couldn't bring myself to throw away our leftover Halloween treats and I knew that if they stayed in the cupboards, they'd end up all over my hips so I just finished packing 20 ziploc bags with Mini Snickers bars, Reese Pieces, Oh Henry bars, Peanut M&Ms, and Skittles, all still in their original packaging and sealed in the ziplocs bags until next hiking season. I also plan to add homemade trailmix when the time comes. Should make for some pretty good walking snacks. Did I mention I can't wait to go hiking?

turtle fast
11-07-2016, 13:07
If you got too much I've seen Halloween/Christmas candy in a lot of trail magic points. Once before Shenandoah NP we were talking to a local who asked us about the trail, it's trials and tribulations and proceeded to hand us a bag of Halloween candies. ...that was a nice treat for the next few days!

egilbe
11-07-2016, 15:13
I couldn't bring myself to throw away our leftover Halloween treats and I knew that if they stayed in the cupboards, they'd end up all over my hips so I just finished packing 20 ziploc bags with Mini Snickers bars, Reese Pieces, Oh Henry bars, Peanut M&Ms, and Skittles, all still in their original packaging and sealed in the ziplocs bags until next hiking season. I also plan to add homemade trailmix when the time comes. Should make for some pretty good walking snacks. Did I mention I can't wait to go hiking?

Why cant you go hiking now? No need to wait till next year.

Suzzz
11-07-2016, 16:02
Halloween and Christmas candy as trail magic is a great idea!

Why cant you go hiking now? No need to wait till next year.

Work/children/winter... We still do day hikes but longer outings will have to wait till next year unfortunately.

Malto
11-07-2016, 20:40

Oh Henry, proof you live in Canada. I have access to copious amount of candy, occupational hazard and I have made trailmix from all kinds of candy. there is life outside of peanuts, M&Ms and raisins.

rocketsocks
11-07-2016, 21:18
Make a ginger bread house with left over halloween candy.

Suzzz
11-07-2016, 21:35
Oh Henry, proof you live in Canada.

Yup! I also forgot to say that I had Smarties in there too. Gonna be yummy!