PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Highlands State Park - Closed due to-

Gambit McCrae
11-07-2016, 08:19
Managed Deer hunts on November 7-8 and 21-22. How does this effect the AT?
I'm guess the AT is still open?? I'm going next weekend so it will not effect my trip but wandering for those Sobos waking up north of fox creek this morning what they would run into

10-K
11-07-2016, 08:21
I dunno but I went off the trail in the Grayson Highlands last week to catch a sunrise and walked up on a buck with a monster rack..... hope me makes it through the season.

Gambit McCrae
11-07-2016, 10:17
I dunno but I went off the trail in the Grayson Highlands last week

How is the water?
Elk Garden to Fox Creek is me, staying at wise shelter

Bronk
11-07-2016, 14:25
Hunting in the Grayson Highlands would be like fishing in a barrel. When I was there I sat at a picnic table by a shelter eating my lunch and was surrounded by a half dozen deer all begging like dogs. One even put its snout just inches from my face begging for a cookie.

10-K
11-07-2016, 16:32
How is the water?
Elk Garden to Fox Creek is me, staying at wise shelter

There was plenty of water between Atkins and Damascus - I never carried more than a quart except for end of day when I picked up camping water.

gpburdelljr
11-07-2016, 17:30
Hunting in the Grayson Highlands would be like fishing in a barrel. When I was there I sat at a picnic table by a shelter eating my lunch and was surrounded by a half dozen deer all begging like dogs. One even put its snout just inches from my face begging for a cookie.

Are you sure you know the difference between a deer and a pony? :)