PDA

View Full Version : Playlist app??????

Poppop1952
11-11-2016, 19:47
I am not very tech savy with my iphone. I am looking for a music player that I can download at home, then play on the trail where I have no wifi of phone service. In other words I want to store the music on the phone. Is that possible? I have Pandora but it does not work offline. My Grandkids are never offline so they can not help with this one.

Thanks

H I T C H
11-12-2016, 00:22
I use Android but here is a link that might help you regarding Apple ios music apps.

https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-iphone-music-app-alternatives/

Slo-go'en
11-12-2016, 11:44
I download music from Amazon to my PC, then transfer it to my phone with the SD card. Since I'm frugal, I look for the free music samplers to download. Since you have a iPhone which doesn't allow you to use a SD card, your just going to have to download from the Apple store. Chances are good they also have free samplers.

rocketsocks
11-12-2016, 12:36
For the very most part I pay for my music...iTunes
musicians like to eat too. :)

DuneElliot
11-12-2016, 13:34
You have to already own the music in digital form before a player will work.

raysuf
11-12-2016, 21:03
Spotify allows you to make a playlist and make the music available offline. It's designed to help you save on data use since music can be saved while on wifi for later use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Venchka
11-12-2016, 21:15
Follow up to rocketsocks and DuneElliot,
As a certified fossil, I own music that I like. I load it on my iPhone and an MP3 player. So, when I want Santana at Woodstock, Emmy Lou Harris, Donna Summer or Vivaldi they are ready. The Dead is there too. Pretty clever, hey!
Even an old dog knows a thing or 3.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocketsocks
11-12-2016, 21:26
Follow up to rocketsocks and DuneElliot,
As a certified fossil, I own music that I like. I load it on my iPhone and an MP3 player. So, when I want Santana at Woodstock, Emmy Lou Harris, Donna Summer or Vivaldi they are ready. The Dead is there too. Pretty clever, hey!
Even an old dog knows a thing or 3.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki wish I could put all my cd's on my phone but my old aging laptop doesn't recognize for some reason...guess I need a new lap top! :D
But yeah, you got it!

left52side
11-12-2016, 21:42
I dont know if this is an option or relevant but I use an mp3 player while on the trail and keep my phone on airplane mode most of the time to save battery life for videos and pictures etc.
This is the one I use and it has been A champ,plenty of room and has expandable sd card slot for as many cards of music as you want to carry.
https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-8GB-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B00VXMY262/ref=sxts_k2p_hero1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2668835622&pd_rd_wg=PWOwP&pf_rd_r=1T8DEMS0DFZWB313YMNX&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00VXMY262&pd_rd_w=lmvxO&pf_rd_i=sandisk+mp3&pd_rd_r=KFTZQRQTEXRACF8ZD5B0&ie=UTF8&qid=1479001247&sr=1

It is pretty easy on the pocket book and almost no weight on the pack...
I am suprosed more folks do not carry one honestly.

Venchka
11-12-2016, 22:46
i wish I could put all my cd's on my phone but my old aging laptop doesn't recognize for some reason...guess I need a new lap top! :D
But yeah, you got it!
I used our antique laptop running XP Home and the software that came with the SanDisk MP3 player.
One of these days I might get inspired and repeat the process on the Mac with iTunes. Get the new music and the rest of the old music on the phones. Big Brother and the Holding Company gets the juices flowing.
Wayne

H I T C H
11-12-2016, 23:56
I use an old phone as an Mp3 player. In addition to being able to play all of my ripped cds I can also stream Pandora, Amazon music, or Sirius radio when WiFi is available. ( mainly at home or office ). All of this can be listened to thru a wireless Bluetooth speaker. I can also play all of the above through this old phone plugged into the car's stereo. I listen to Downloaded podcasts in the car too.

rocketsocks
11-13-2016, 01:15
I used our antique laptop running XP Home and the software that came with the SanDisk MP3 player.
One of these days I might get inspired and repeat the process on the Mac with iTunes. Get the new music and the rest of the old music on the phones. Big Brother and the Holding Company gets the juices flowing.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalknow yur talkin' love Big Brother!

Venchka
11-13-2016, 07:11
Amen Brother!
Wayne

Old Hiker
11-13-2016, 10:12
I download music from Amazon to my PC, then transfer it to my phone with the SD card. Since I'm frugal, I look for the free music samplers to download. Since you have a iPhone which doesn't allow you to use a SD card, your just going to have to download from the Apple store. Chances are good they also have free samplers.

AMAZON PRIME, BABY !! I'm a member anyway, so it works out well.

It was 3 weeks into my thru before I found out I could download music (mostly free) to my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 I bought mostly for my thru, as I could put an SD card into it for more memory. I would start playing music after noonish or so usually and my battery would last 4-5 days playing music and nightly check-ins with the wife.

You could hear me 300 meters away, trying to sing along. Was embarrassed SEVERAL times, getting caught trying to sing. Had one shelter log entry from a hiker wondering why "people" didn't use earphones. Pretty sure it was directed at me, but HYOH.

Sidetrail: you can download books (not free usually, but cheaper than hardcover) onto your phone as well. I have over 45 books on my phone I went through during my hike.

Side-sidetrail: Amazon prime worked MUCH better than asking the wife to mail stuff to me. Got to the mail drop in 2 days usually. I was happy with it as I went online to buy it and the wife didn't have to worry if she was mailing the right things.