PDA

View Full Version : EE Sale 10% off everything.

jjozgrunt
11-15-2016, 11:25
Straight from their email.

It starts THIS Friday! 10% off all items... Yep, you read that right!

The sale will start on Friday, November 18th, 2016 at 12:01am and will end on Tuesday, November 28th, 2016 at 11:59pm. To get a fantastic 10% off any item, simply use the coupon code "BlackFriday10" at checkout and you will see the 10% discount applied to your entire order.

Cheers

Doc
11-15-2016, 11:42
What is EE?

DuneElliot
11-15-2016, 12:03
What is EE?

Enlightened Equipment

jjozgrunt
11-15-2016, 18:59
What is EE?

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com/ Specializes in quilts and related products, in both down and synthetic insulation.

SkeeterPee
11-15-2016, 21:20
I called yesterday with a question and was ready to buy, but the told me about the sale suggesting I wait That was very nice, not all companies would do that.

Dogwood
11-16-2016, 01:56
Thx for the head's up.

sethd513
11-16-2016, 22:21
My wife and I each have two quilts from ee. You can't beat the customer service and price. Plus the lead time is low right now. Bite the bullet get 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colorado_rob
11-16-2016, 22:38
My wife and I each have two quilts from ee. You can't beat the customer service and price. Plus the lead time is low right now. Bite the bullet get 2!
I'm seriously considering that double-quilt, the "Accomplice". Looks sweet, the 20 degree version is 2 pounds.

Does anyone have any experience with a double quilt?

Yeah, thanks for this head up!

egilbe
11-17-2016, 07:29
I'm seriously considering that double-quilt, the "Accomplice". Looks sweet, the 20 degree version is 2 pounds.

Does anyone have any experience with a double quilt?

Yeah, thanks for this head up!

been using one for two or three years. This year, mated it with an Exped Synmat Hyperlight duo. Heavenly bliss for cuddling with the GF. We've had it down to 15* and slept comfortably. Much below that and you will want to start using sleeping bags or stacking quilts.

colorado_rob
11-17-2016, 09:52
been using one for two or three years. This year, mated it with an Exped Synmat Hyperlight duo. Heavenly bliss for cuddling with the GF. We've had it down to 15* and slept comfortably. Much below that and you will want to start using sleeping bags or stacking quilts.thanks, thanks, THANKS! really excited about both this duo-quilt and now that Hyperlite mat. 20% off coupon at REI....

Again, thanks!

bigcranky
11-17-2016, 10:22
We have the Exped duo pad, and it's great -- not just for cuddling, but it's actually the most comfortable pad I've used on the trail. Very supportive, much more so than the Neoair, and more plush/comfortable than the Prolite.

Been planning to order the Accomplice, and now I know when to order it :)

Any comments on 20-F versus 30-F? I'm thinking that around here the 30-F will be usable from April through late October, and still pretty comfortable in summer. Right now we use a 30-F rated Montbell down bag (the super stretch UL), and a 45-F rated solo quilt. My worry about the 20-F is that it will be far too warm in the summer while not being enough of a winter quilt to replace our winter bags. (Long run I am thinking of two quilts, a 30 and a 10.) Anyone used these quilts in the South in the summer and want to comment? Thanks.

colorado_rob
11-17-2016, 10:33
We have the Exped duo pad, and it's great -- not just for cuddling, but it's actually the most comfortable pad I've used on the trail. Very supportive, much more so than the Neoair, and more plush/comfortable than the Prolite.

Been planning to order the Accomplice, and now I know when to order it :)

Any comments on 20-F versus 30-F? I'm thinking that around here the 30-F will be usable from April through late October, and still pretty comfortable in summer. Right now we use a 30-F rated Montbell down bag (the super stretch UL), and a 45-F rated solo quilt. My worry about the 20-F is that it will be far too warm in the summer while not being enough of a winter quilt to replace our winter bags. (Long run I am thinking of two quilts, a 30 and a 10.) Anyone used these quilts in the South in the summer and want to comment? Thanks.Thanks for the confirmation on the duo pad.

I'm kinda on the fence with the 20/30 as well, but think we'll go ahead with the 20.

FWIW, I have a 21 degree solo "quilt" (Katabatic gear Alsek with a bit of extra down), and have used it in some pretty darn warm weather, you can just open the sides a bit, just drape it loosely, that kind of thing. My point is that it is easier to make it cooler than with an actual sleeping bag.

NOW, it's decision time on all those damn colors.... My wife wants the pink, of course. No way. Gotta choose something neutral....

saltysack
11-17-2016, 11:49
Thanks for the confirmation on the duo pad.

I'm kinda on the fence with the 20/30 as well, but think we'll go ahead with the 20.

FWIW, I have a 21 degree solo "quilt" (Katabatic gear Alsek with a bit of extra down), and have used it in some pretty darn warm weather, you can just open the sides a bit, just drape it loosely, that kind of thing. My point is that it is easier to make it cooler than with an actual sleeping bag.

NOW, it's decision time on all those damn colors.... My wife wants the pink, of course. No way. Gotta choose something neutral....

From my limited experience with the EE 20* in Co during September I would have been pretty cold in a 30*....I tend to sleep cold though....I'd opt for the 20*....kind have wish I got extra down in mine but can always add my JRB 45* if it's going to be well below freezing.....

Hosh
11-17-2016, 12:57
My concern with the Accomplice is the limited ability to vent with the sewn foot box and the 3/4 length snaps on the bottom. If the 2 sleepers have similar internal thermostats, then it might be less of an issue. If not, it would be better to error on the side of a higher temp rating and have the colder sleeper wear extra thermal layers.

egilbe
11-17-2016, 13:23
No snaps on the bottom on mine. It's a sewn footbox. If it's hot, just vent it. One person can uncover while the other stays covered. Do you have a problem sleeping with someone at home?

bigcranky
11-17-2016, 14:50

Isn't the pink the 20d fabric? Adds a couple of ounces - total no-go in our book. The purple looks nice.

If I were in Colorado I'd get the 20-F quilt, no question. In North Carolina, not so much, I think.

colorado_rob
11-17-2016, 16:04
Isn't the pink the 20d fabric? Adds a couple of ounces - total no-go in our book. The purple looks nice.

If I were in Colorado I'd get the 20-F quilt, no question. In North Carolina, not so much, I think.Yikes, I didn't even notice the 10D-20D fabric thing, thanks!

Hosh
11-17-2016, 16:44
No snaps on the bottom on mine. It's a sewn footbox. If it's hot, just vent it. One person can uncover while the other stays covered. Do you have a problem sleeping with someone at home?

My bad should have been more explicit, the underside has snaps. I own 2 Revelation quilts and like to stick my feet out when it's warm, looks more difficult with this design.

No, no issues sleeping with some one at home, thanks for asking.

Been a tough 10 days for some folks. Maybe try coloring books or Play dough seems to work on most of the Ivy League campuses.

egilbe
11-17-2016, 19:32
I only ask because its the same thing as sleeping under a quilt. If one is warmer than the other, what do you do at home sleeping with someone? No different under a quilt, footbox or no footbox.

Ill let the coloring book comment slide because I dont want to think about the stress losing an election causes some delicate little flowers in college

sethd513
11-18-2016, 08:09
lol that's funny. My wife and I were thinking about getting a two person quilt But didn't because of concern if the one bag we had somehow got soaked or ruined and we didn't have ample insulation

Maizeandblue9
11-18-2016, 12:25
Well damn...ordered my new revelation a week ago...

colorado_rob
11-18-2016, 12:34
Well damn...ordered my new revelation a week ago...Give 'em a call. Sounds like a great company, maybe they will honor the 10% thing.

Just pushed the button on the Accomplice 20 degree.... excited! (got purple outside, grey inside, compromise with the wife who wanted red, yellow or orange, I wanted blue or black.....)

DuneElliot
11-18-2016, 12:48
Give 'em a call. Sounds like a great company, maybe they will honor the 10% thing.

Just pushed the button on the Accomplice 20 degree.... excited! (got purple outside, grey inside, compromise with the wife who wanted red, yellow or orange, I wanted blue or black.....)

I love the purple they offer. It's what I got my Convert in...with green inside. I wished other companies offered the same shade of purple, but theirs are much brighter. EE's website is very accurate with colors.

Miner
11-18-2016, 14:14
This was perfect timing. Last weekend, I was washing my 800 fill Golite 20F quilt bought back in early '08 and was well into the drying process when I stopped to manually redistribute any still clumped down. However, I noticed a baffle had a 3" tear at the seam and most of the down was gone from there.

This gives me an excuse to try the 950 fill and save almost 2 ounces. I just ordered a green outside/coyote inside quilt. I want my gear to blend in rather than standing out like a Reggae Festival, and since I cowboy camp most of the time, even the quilt color maters. So being able to choose earth tones like this is great.