PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Thru Hikers

Nevertolate?
11-15-2016, 20:56
Hello,

I am starting my thru hike March 13, 2017 and will be hiking alone. I am looking to get to know other female hikers planning on starting around that time. My name is Alma, female and I am 55 years old and if all goes well I should summit on my 56th birthday in Oct. 2017!

My youngest daughter (Stones her trail name) just finished a thru hike in Oct. 2016 and she assures me it will be the best thing I have ever done and that it will be life changing as well as assuring me that I can do it!! I am going through a divorce after 30 years and I am leaving my job (I must say I am excited). I am reading everything I can about the trail, if you have anything to recommend reading or otherwise, I would appreciate the recommendation. My current training consist of weights and walking with my pack that I change the weight in regularly (usually between 25 and 35 pounds).

I am looking forward to discovering a lot about myself, having fun, living an adventure and meeting life long friends...

The Trail is calling!

kizzybean
11-15-2016, 23:45
There's another thread a few down from this that is posted some other ladies have posted in that are planning a 2017 thru hike. Check it out. I'll be starting a little behind you and at 60 moving slow and steady north. Congrats to your daughter!!!

Fireplug
11-16-2016, 21:47
I know this is a female forum but Alma. I'm starting the same day. I'm 52 retired firefighter. I'm sure we will cross paths.
FIREPLUG