PDA

View Full Version : Backpack partner in NGA,SE TN area

DixieMick
11-17-2016, 20:40
59 year old retired started backpacking last year looking for like minded persons for 1-2 - 3 day
trips. I am member of AOC and GOC but not enough trips for me. Can do weekends or during week.
Gear junkie who likes slow pace enjoying scenery and just peace and quiet of the woods. No problem doing 10-15 miles or less per day--just enjoy the physical challenge along with the aesthetics.

Rain Man
11-18-2016, 13:31
AOC? GOC? Greek to me.

At the risk of pushing my own cadre of SE backpackers, you might want to check out Meetup.com, which has hiking and backpacking groups galore. My recommendation is "Nashville Backpacker" (URL below). We do a lot of hikes down your way with a wide variety of difficulty. Feel free to email me if you want more info.

Just hiked in the Big Frog a few weeks ago and was headed to the Cohutta this month until the ban stopped us.

Rain Man

DixieMick
11-18-2016, 13:43
Rain Man. Thank you for the info I will check it out
AOC is Atlanta Outdoor Club
GOC is Georgia Outdoor Club
have done several trips with them both
did great trip I cohutta just before ban-- east cowpen down Panther creek to bray field
then next day out CRT to betty gap. Looking fwd to rain and lifting of ban hopefully in spring I hear

DixieMick
11-18-2016, 16:23
Rain Man. Your meetup group looks like exactly what I was looking for. I joined and RSVP for the thunderhead trip
coming up. I much appreciate your reply and look forward to a trip with you in the future