PDA

View Full Version : Consider

Dogwood
11-18-2016, 13:26
THIS:

http://appalachiantrail.org/myATstory#feature

As usual Rocky Top Crew's and JPD's perspectives were supporting, inspiring, and calling to action.

Derrick's enlightened perspectives of what the AT can provide should be considered by all who. They embody Muir's "Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike."

Dogwood
11-18-2016, 15:12
JPD is so awesome, so full of life. "Hey y'all I'm Jenn-if-er "with Gus in her arms she starts out with that JPD full of life smile. She is so non BS.

Watch Trail Brothers at the end. Consider what Derick says.

Engine
11-19-2016, 06:36
WB forums sometimes need a "Like" button. Good stuff, thank you for sharing.

rmitchell
11-19-2016, 10:41
Dogwood
Thanks for bringing this up.

I worked on session 3 Rocky Top in 2015 and really enjoyed the experience. It is hard work but getting to stay for a week in the backcountry with a diverse group of people is priceless. After steps, water bars and turnpikes you never look at the trail the same. It gives you and intimate feel for an area that you don't get just passing through. Plus you get to interact with people that you might not ever get to meet.

This has cut into my section hiking plans but I have no regrets. I've worked four Sweat Crews as well as last year 's Rocky Top crew. Each one a little different and memorable. It kind of gets into your blood.

Dogwood
11-19-2016, 14:26
Thx for supporting trails, trail communities, the outdoor experience, and celebrating fresh air and contribution of individual resources.

Sweat and Rocky Top are great contributing memorable experiences.

3 Rocky Top sessions in one yr - kudos. :banana

rmitchell
11-19-2016, 17:57
I need to clarify. Last year I worked one Rocky Top session, the third. Had to go back to my paying job the next week.

There were people working multiple sessions.