PDA

View Full Version : Various forms of blazing?

jjozgrunt
11-25-2016, 01:39
Well I thought I knew them all but now I get another. I know of white, blue, yellow, aqua, silk blazing.

What is pink blazing? and are there any other I don't know.

Maui Rhino
11-25-2016, 03:31
Pink blazing is following a female hiker, hoping for some trail tail.

Brown blazing: looking for that perfect spot for the cat hole. Or dirty undies.

What's silk blazing?

jjozgrunt
11-25-2016, 08:09
What's silk blazing?

First along the trail in the morning clearing the spider webs.

Sarcasm the elf
11-25-2016, 11:38
One of my first trips out someone at a water source asked me if I "blazed" took me a minute to realize he was offering me pot...

Yeah, I'm a square.

pilgrimskywheel
11-25-2016, 11:54
As you may have heard, I recently became the first hiker to invent and actually "Skyblaze" (TM) the A.T. in a dirigeable - we prefer the term airship. (It's very light.)

Kaptainkriz
11-25-2016, 11:58
Very cool!

As you may have heard, I recently became the first hiker to invent and actually "Skyblaze" (TM) the A.T. in a dirigeable - we prefer the term airship. (It's very light.)

colorado_rob
11-25-2016, 12:00
Not sure what color to assign to this, given "blue" is taken, maybe "blue yonoder" blazing? "Aero blazing"? "Kite Blazing"? Open to suggestions....

Two guys flew by (walking, that is) us on the CO trail a couple weeks ago, they had huge packs (they were young, we're kinda old)... we got to the long saddle in between Breckenridge and Copper, and these guys were just leaving, taking a shortcut to Copper.....

Edit: I guess as I was typing, a "sky blaze" post appeared. I like it, "Sky Blazing"

Jeff
11-25-2016, 12:21
Not a color...but I hear about "retro blazing"...when taking the "old AT" after the trail has been re-routed. (usually a shortcut) !!!

Kerosene
11-25-2016, 18:38
Not a color...but I hear about "retro blazing"...when taking the "old AT" after the trail has been re-routed. (usually a shortcut) !!!I've heard people refer to this as "black blazing", because the old white blazes are initially painted over in black paint. Of course, if you retro-blaze far enough back then there probably aren't any blazes to be seen anywhere (although there are still a handful of the metal diamond AT blazes nailed to trees along the AT).

jimmyjam
11-25-2016, 20:05
Beer blazing. Self explainatory.

AtWokman
11-25-2016, 20:09
green blazing. following the buds.

Another Kevin
11-25-2016, 21:26
No-blazing, practiced by bushwhackos.

jjozgrunt
11-26-2016, 02:10

As you can see by my signature this will be me, and as an early riser I expect to do a lot of silk blazing.

Starchild
11-26-2016, 09:45
'Aero blazing' I have heard as using ski lifts, and also hitching a ride from a pilot. I would think that would cover the above 'sky blazing'

'Brown Blazing' I heard of those who poop directly on the trail, water sources and inside shelters, it was a term used by a ridgerunner.

TOW
11-27-2016, 07:45
As you may have heard, I recently became the first hiker to invent and actually "Skyblaze" (TM) the A.T. in a dirigeable - we prefer the term airship. (It's very light.):banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

jjozgrunt
11-27-2016, 09:02

After much thought, a little bit anyway, I think Beer blazing needs to become Amber blazing to stick to the colour thing.

Traffic Jam
11-27-2016, 09:15
After much thought, a little bit anyway, I think Beer blazing needs to become Amber blazing to stick to the colour thing.

Brew blazing.

Tipi Walter
11-27-2016, 09:36
Then there is Bail Blazing whereby a backpacker leaves the trail every other day (or too dang often) to hit a town or a hostel or a motel for restaurant meals, overnights, resupplies, "warm beds" or hot showers.

Uriah
11-27-2016, 14:28
Then there is Bail Blazing whereby a backpacker leaves the trail every other day (or too dang often) to hit a town or a hostel or a motel for restaurant meals, overnights, resupplies, "warm beds" or hot showers.

We advanced hominids are conditioned to seek comfort as much as we do security, as though it is there where joy or enlightenment is found.

Starchild
11-27-2016, 16:01
That'swhatiscalledwhiteblazingthesedays

That's what is called white blazing these days.

Sarcasm the elf
11-27-2016, 16:12
Billy and blaze-ing? :D

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51-VLbkABLL._AC_UL320_SR224,320_.jpg

AfterParty
11-27-2016, 17:15
Night blazing ??

becfoot
11-27-2016, 23:04
Phish blazing: when you hike from concert venue to convert venue on the AT in order to follow Phish on summer tour.*
*Deadheads used to call this Jerry blazing.

jjozgrunt
11-27-2016, 23:22
Night blazing ??

Black Blazing?

AfterParty
11-27-2016, 23:31
Somebody already said that's old trail

pilgrimskywheel
11-28-2016, 00:52
Ok. Night hiking is still night hiking. Aquablazing. Try it you'll love it! Why more people don't take a chance to ride the Shenny north 150 miles I'll never know. It has wrongly been portrayed as an easy float as opposed to walking - it's actually hard as hell and actually dangerous when compared to an actual walk in the park. A challenge within a challenge.