PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 Tent - well used but very reasonable price

colorado_rob
11-26-2016, 10:59
OK, time to clean up our gear room a bit. I have a couple of tents for sale, here's the first:

I bought this BA fly creek in 2012 (I think), and have used it extensively until 2014, at which time I sprung for a zpacks hexamid tent. The Fly creek served me very, very well for these few years, including a JMT thru hike and half of an AT hike (springer to near Harpers).

The tent body and fly is still in excellent condition, though the floor has numerous soiled spots that won't completely wash out with a gentle wash cloth. really not bad at all though, note the slightly darker spots in the third photo below. There are no tears/holes in the floor, or anywhere else for that matter.

The rest of the tent body and fly look near-perfect, no flaws I can see.

This tent will accommodate two; my wife and I have used it many times together. But it works much better as a roomy solo tent; plenty of room for one and all gear spread out (I'm 6'1", 180 pounds).

The poles: when setting up to take the pictures below, I notice one of the pole joints had a crack in the aluminum, and might fail in the near future. So I contacted the wonderful folks in Steamboat Springs (Big Agnes), and they said mail them up, and they will repair that one pole section. So, the poles are currently being repaired. Not 100% sure when I'll get them back, hopefully within a couple weeks.

This tent, though well used, still has a ton of life left in it.

Since I just mailed the poles away, I can't accurately weigh the entire tent, but a note I have in a spreadsheet says the total weight is 2 pounds 4 ounces. Not quite "ultralight", but pretty close.

Priced to sell at $150, somewhere near half price of a new one, shipped to 48 states. I'll throw in 10 tent stakes; not my UL Ti stakes, but 10 fairly light stakes.

Just PM me with any interest, no need to make posts.

Here are pics pitched in my yard, along with a couple "field" pics along the AT.

mauiarcher
11-28-2016, 01:51
Great price on a great piece of kit. By the time u add 2 trekking poles to most SUL set ups, I would argue you are pretty close in weight to the freestanding fly creek.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

colorado_rob
12-01-2016, 11:12
Great price on a great piece of kit. By the time u add 2 trekking poles to most SUL set ups, I would argue you are pretty close in weight to the freestanding fly creek.

Sent from my SM-G935V using TapatalkThanks for the kind words!

Anyway, tent is sold, pending return of repaired poles and closing the deal.