PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland Trail Spring Construction Dates

restless
01-16-2006, 16:06
First off, I wanted to say that I had a wonderful time at the SoRuck, meeting new people and catching up with some long time friends. Sly, thanks for all your hard work to make it such a success. Meanwhile, here on the plateau, we have set our schedule for the spring construction program. There are quite a few things happening and it would be great to get some of you who haven't been on the Cumberland Trail to come out and help out for a few days. If you have helped build the AT with one of their fine trail crews , or have worked on any trail, we could use your expertise and knowledge. I hope to post a copy of our schedule within the next day or so, but until then you can find it on our website www.cumberlandtrail.org and then click on the activities page. You will find a listing of all of our programs thru June of 2006 and information on how to register. I look forward to seeing you on the trail!!!

generoll
01-16-2006, 17:29
Hello restless, what's the plan for Frozen Head this year? How far did you get last fall?

restless
01-16-2006, 17:36
Hi Gene, good to hear from you. Last fall we finished up the section of trail from Ross Gap to the Bird Mtn Trail. This year we plan on building from Ross Gap to Castle Rock West, about 2 miles. Also, this year we will begin working north from Frozen Head into the Smoky Mtn segment. Our plan is to start at Coffin Springs in the NE corner of the park and work our way towards Burges Mtn., located within Sundquist WMA. This is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, the closest town being Petros FWIW. This has the poteial to be a great section of ridgeline walking. I'm heading out there Wed. to flag out some trail. Hope you can make it out for some of our worktrips. Look forward to seeing you again.

snowhoe
01-16-2006, 20:17
I helped Rob Weber work on the trail in the beging. That was quit awhile ago. I have moved to Colorado since working on the trail and I am glad to see that it is still moving a head. That is really great.

generoll
01-16-2006, 22:53
sounds good. where are you planning on having the basecamp? i assume this will be a backcountry setup again?

neo
01-16-2006, 22:55
i worked at big dig 2003 and 2004 in the soddy daisy area it was great:cool: neo