PDA

View Full Version : Help on Dana Design Please

Cuppa Joe
01-16-2006, 18:27
I have done my research, at least I think I have but none of the sites I have contacted can tell me if they have replacement hip belts for the Dana Design Bridger model.

If any of you know of an outfitter that carries them, or where I get them please let me know ... I have to make this pack last me for another year :) ... Well, don't have too, but, want to

Thanks
Cuppa

RedneckRye
01-16-2006, 20:05
Hey Cuppa...

Bad news. Dana Designs no longer exists. Whoever it is that owns Marmot bought Dana from K2 (the company that bought Dana Designs back in 99 when Dana Gleason sold out/retired). Good news is that starting this spring AKA right about now, you should be able to get a replacement belt from any Marmot dealer. You could also buy a whole new Marmot Bridger if you want. Or Marmot Bomb Pack, or Marmot Racer X, or Marmot Terraplane, etc. If you can't find one, send me an e-mail and I'll get you one ordered from where I work.

Twofiddy
01-25-2006, 10:10
I have done my research, at least I think I have but none of the sites I have contacted can tell me if they have replacement hip belts for the Dana Design Bridger model.

If any of you know of an outfitter that carries them, or where I get them please let me know ... I have to make this pack last me for another year :) ... Well, don't have too, but, want to

Thanks
Cuppa

Contact Jeff at Mt Rogers Outfitters in Damascus VA. They have carried Dana Packs for a long time and Jeff has a box full of old goodies in the back like shoulder straps, waist belts, and other things. Might have what you are looking for. If you dont get any luck there try posting over in the wanted to buy for sale forum. People might have an old pack they are willing to sell for $25 that has the right stuff on it.

Marmot branded Dana Packs are not going to be out quite as quick as everyone thinks because they still have a huge inventory of Dana branded packs that are still in stock. Personally, I would not buy one now. The brand is watered down, old technology, and Marmot does not have the comitment in my opinion to build good hiking packs. I mean look at the previous stuff they have made.

Maby they will change, but I doubt it. Sooner or later you will be able to buy it at one of those super department stores like you can THE NORTH FACE now.

SloHiker
01-25-2006, 10:55
Joe, you might give these folks a call. They don't have anything listed on their website right now, but I've ordered Dana components (belts & harnesses) from them on several occasions in the past. http://www.summithut.com/

OGG
01-28-2006, 20:29
K2 owns both Dana and Marmot. K2 watered down the line after they took control in 99.
OGG