PDA

View Full Version : Thru story is matthewski's new favorite trail movie

mweinstone
12-04-2016, 19:53
Went to the Doyel last night and saw jesters new movie.
It was the first time anyone ever saw it.
Its not funny how deeply moved i am. I refuse to give an elloquent apraisal. Its beyond it. Its a ," go see " with a wave of a hand sorta sayin, " no comment".
If its too powerfull it dont matter what i saw on that screen or heard from the speakers.
If my eyes have allmostears....enen now just rememberin....
Well....

A second hand wave off jesture....
exstreemly moved beyond further jesters.
Matty.

George
12-05-2016, 00:54
I am going to hold out for Matty's through hike movie

mweinstone
12-05-2016, 09:06
Jester went to school for filmakeing, carrys 8 lbs of photo gear, has two trail movies under his belt, ( embrace the brutality(cdt) &wizzards of the pct), is a filmaker at heart and really did just make what this humble patron of the arts believes to be the AT film i will allways call my fav.
Remember, five million steps was my fave since it came out till last sat nite. Hehe. It was comedy and history. THRU STORY is our communal hiker heart shown in our best light.
If i could make one,it would show one thing only about our world i think is as important to film as anything else is we share.
The gifts ive recieved.
Each and every sceen would show a place i was more than welcome. I would film the secrets of the landscape ive found in my 40 years . I would show how a city boy confused and lost ran away at 14 to DWG, followed sobos to the doyel and colapesed on bloodyed stumps.
The unknown watersourses and secret patches of wild foods and hidden micro climates such as stephanie springs , known only to the last few oldtimers.
I would show the angels treatment of me that is so far beyond whats deserved. I would show the horror of the addiction to hiking and how lives have been rerouted. I would use my personal knowlage of our trails intimate historys and secrets to make a film to thank the people of the trail for healing me as much as gods trail itself with all its plants and rocks and trees and mountains and skys we adore.
My film will be made when and if my bible illustrations ever sell.
Ive known id make a film since birth. Its gonna be a while guys.lol
4 cans of tuna and oats.....
gabeesh?

Another Kevin
12-05-2016, 13:38
4 cans of tuna and oats.....
gabeesh?

No capisco - but that's ok, if it works for you, run with it.

Sarcasm the elf
12-05-2016, 13:54
Here's the official trailer for those that are interested:

https://youtu.be/1Zp4UTGdXw0

JaketheFake
12-09-2016, 13:35
I met Jester at Beauty Spit right after Trail Days this year. We had to go back after Trail Days to fill in what we skipped ahead to do Trail Days. Salt of the Earth dude is he! Love the trailer on here. Makes me miss the trail!!

Greenlight
12-17-2016, 15:49
I met Jester at Beauty Spit right after Trail Days this year. We had to go back after Trail Days to fill in what we skipped ahead to do Trail Days. Salt of the Earth dude is he! Love the trailer on here. Makes me miss the trail!!

( Deleted photo as it had Jester's personal address on it. I let Greenlight know. -Paul )

I got this baby in the mail this morning, and immediately shoved it in the DVD player. Nicely done, Shane. I am impressed, inspired, and jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greenlight
12-17-2016, 15:50
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161217/4622738a79fc76f81941d93fb93e6ca3.jpg

Miner
12-17-2016, 20:36
I just dropped some of my Xmas budget on this. It had better be good or someone here better cough up some dough for false advertising. :p

Actually, I already own Jester's first 2 videos, so it was inevitable that this one would end up in my mailbox.

Greenlight
12-17-2016, 20:51
( Deleted photo as it had Jester's personal address on it. I let Greenlight know. -Paul )

I got this baby in the mail this morning, and immediately shoved it in the DVD player. Nicely done, Shane. I am impressed, inspired, and jealous.

Oh crap, I wasn't thing even thinking about stuff like that! Thanks Paul

Backpkrmn
12-17-2016, 22:18
Looks like I need to place an order.

mweinstone
12-21-2016, 01:39
Its really takein off. Its so good. I love jester so so much. His best quality is he ignors my stupid.

mweinstone
12-21-2016, 01:41
Sunday night we met at fergies irish pub here in philly and listened to john pane play irish music thats in the movie!
Two songs by him!
if you love irish music as much as i, he plays sunday nights whenever its posted on johns fb page.

Engine
12-21-2016, 05:18
Thanks for bringing this thread back up, I was going to do this as part of a Christmas present and forgot. Just ordered a couple of his videos, including this one, and maybe they'll get here in time. If not, better late than never.

rafe
01-04-2017, 21:43
Fun movie, certainly captures the modern AT thru-hiking experience. Received and watched my copy last night.

But I've been spoiled by Chris Gallaway's flick.

Watching Jester's flick you'd wonder if there are any thru hikers beyond the age of 25. Except for maybe Jester himself.