PDA

View Full Version : Woody Gap to Dick's Creek

rboles
12-06-2016, 11:47
I am looking at hiking this section possibly over the Christmas break. Does anyone have any updates on water availability in Georgia. The last updates I can find were from Mid November (was planning to go then but cancelled due to fire/drought) and I know that at least here in Mississippi we've been getting a lot of rain so I'm hoping Georgia has been enjoying that as well.

Thanks

skater
12-06-2016, 13:40
We've had several episodes of rain over the last week, which at least has reduced the fire danger a bit. I haven't had a chance to check the water sources on the trail yet, though. I would guess it has been somewhat improved, but nowhere near normal yet.

rboles
12-06-2016, 17:54
Thanks - hopefully the water levels pick up soon

ScareBear
12-06-2016, 19:22
Try phoning the Top of Georgia Hiker Hostel in.....Dicks Creek Gap....I'm guessing they might know....

Maineiac64
12-06-2016, 19:26
I day hiked woody to neels a couple weeks ago before the rain and lance creek was only water I saw. Check ron's appalachian trail shuttle facebook page. I see that the fire ban just got lifted today.

rboles
12-06-2016, 23:15
Thanks for your responses - I will contact t them

dervari
12-07-2016, 00:40
Bob at Top Of Georgia has info on water for the Georgia section. Was there this past weekend and he has it on a clipboard in the dining area. Give him a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk