PDA

View Full Version : PCT Anyone?

Lion King
01-18-2006, 19:12
Its on.

I am going to be out there this year.
Fun times!

anyone else know if they are or are not going to PCT it this year?

RedneckRye
01-18-2006, 20:24
Yep, I'll be there. Watching WeatherCarrot's DVD slideshow of PCT'04 at the Gathering sealed the deal.

Shutterbug
01-18-2006, 20:33
I will be hiking sections. I hope to complete Washington this year -- southbound.

Cookerhiker
01-18-2006, 21:11
I'm likely to do the John Muir Trail which I believe overlaps with the PCT for much of its length.

A-Train
01-18-2006, 21:31
I'll be out there heading to Canada, probably the first of May. Maybe I'll see you out there!

chris
01-19-2006, 10:45
There is a very remote possibility that I'll be hiking north from either Mojave or Kennedy Meadows starting in mid-June. I'd just be hiking north, rather than heading for some destination. I might take the Sierra High Route instead of the PCT depending on the snow levels. But, this is at the bottom of my list for things to do next summer. Its nice when the bottom of your list includes something like the PCT!

Lion King
01-21-2006, 12:18
I'm likely to do the John Muir Trail which I believe overlaps with the PCT for much of its length.

GREAT Trail!

SO worth doing!

sarbar
01-21-2006, 12:25
Well, considering I live an hour and 15 minutes from both Chinook Pass and Snoqualmie Pass, I hike on the PCT in Wa a lot every year ;)

Lion King
01-21-2006, 13:04
Well, considering I live an hour and 15 minutes from both Chinook Pass and Snoqualmie Pass, I hike on the PCT in Wa a lot every year ;)

Maybe we will see you there!

I just got the word that I will be getting shoes from Asolo, a tent (MTN HW PCT II) from Mountain Hardware, one of their new packs, poles from Leki, and other things that are in the mix right now! Free gear is good gear! Now I have to carefully save up money and buy new Digital tapes, etc...and food for the hike.

Man, I wish Enertia would sponser this!

This is going to rock!

wacocelt
01-21-2006, 13:09
I've got an internship at a primitive wilderness survival school starting early summer, but i may get out and do a large section of the PCT before then. I'de love to see you out there LK. Hope you're happy and healthy bro'man. Be well!

Puck

Lion King
01-21-2006, 13:25
I've got an internship at a primitive wilderness survival school starting early summer, but i may get out and do a large section of the PCT before then. I'de love to see you out there LK. Hope you're happy and healthy bro'man. Be well!

Puck

Im hoping to start right after trail days, or right after the party at Campo.

Depends on rides, logistics etc...I hate to miss trail days this year, that would make me misty, but things happen!

Maybe we'll see you out there!

Sly
01-22-2006, 01:09
2006 PCT'ers...

The "Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick-Off" or ADZPCTKO for short, is a great time and much like Trail Days or a Gathering.

It started out with about 20 in '99 and is now up to 500 or more. A few ex-hikers and trail angels rent all of Lake Moreno State Park (20.0 mile mark) and feed the masses for the weekend. It doesn't cost anything for the current years thru-hikers. Those in cars have to pay for their site.

If you've hiked the AT before, you're bound to know more than a few that will also be hiking the trail.

There's a bit of a jam leaving on KO weekend but it's really not that much different than leaving Springer on a popular weekend in March or April. If you want to get an early jump, it would be easy enough to hike in southbound and get a ride back Sunday. That will leave you plenty of time to get to Kennedy Meadows to hang out a few days before the High Sierra.

If you need transportation from the airport or bus station in San Diego to the trail (free), I can probably hook you up with a guy from the area.

general
01-22-2006, 10:28

I just got the word that I will be getting shoes from Asolo, a tent (MTN HW PCT II) from Mountain Hardware, one of their new packs, poles from Leki, and other things that are in the mix right now! Free gear is good gear! Now I have to carefully save up money and buy new Digital tapes, etc...and food for the hike.

Man, I wish Enertia would sponser this!

This is going to rock!

that new mountain hardware pack is way whacked out. it looks cool though with the pivots and the dials and such. really interested in the performance of that thing. an exoskeleton? ***? what happens when the dial mechanism on top of the shoulder straps fills up with water and freezes?

Cookerhiker
01-22-2006, 10:33

I just got the word that I will be getting shoes from Asolo, ......
This is going to rock!

My new Asolo boots are wonderful! With barely little break-in, I've aready taken them on a 3 day fullpack backpack. Also wore them yesterday doing Trail maintenance. Fit just right, not even a hint of blisters or hot spots which are usually a problem for me.

My only complaint is the smell! Is that because they're still new (<50 miles)? I have them in the garage airing out because they're too smelly for the house. And curiously, the socks I wore with them don't smell at all.