PDA

View Full Version : Help with Squall Tarptent

Frosty
01-18-2006, 23:12
Air drying my Squall tarptent tonight, I noticed that the cord that connects to the beak has broken or come undone.

What I have now is the small black clip on the beak clipped onto a knot in the long orange line. One end of the line has a small knot and is the right length to be the line that is attached to the ground with a stake.

The other end of the line is about two feet long and the end is frayed. It seems to me that this end should be connected at the apex of the tarptent, up where the pole inserts into the grommet.

However, I do not see an obvious point where the line could be attached.

To anyone who has a Squall Tarptent handy: Where and how is this line attached? And how long is the piece between the attachment and the knot that gets clipped into the bottom of the beak?

Thanks for any help.

hshires
01-19-2006, 00:07
Air drying my Squall tarptent tonight, I noticed that the cord that connects to the beak has broken or come undone.

Thanks for any help.

Frosty, shoot me an e-mail (so I know who you are) and I can send you a replacement cord with sliding clip. The newer models have sliding clips so you can tighten or loosen and don't need to worry about exact location.

-H

[email protected]

Skidsteer
01-19-2006, 00:21
Frosty, shoot me an e-mail (so I know who you are) and I can send you a replacement cord with sliding clip. The newer models have sliding clips so you can tighten or loosen and don't need to worry about exact location.

-H

[email protected]

Now that's cool. I really want a tarptent now!

anneandbenhike
01-19-2006, 10:40
We have been using a tarptent for a little over a year and I have nothing but nice things to say about the tent and about Henry. He really goes the distance for you!! Keep up the great work!!:D

Frosty
01-23-2006, 23:16
New cord for my Squall Tarptent arrived today as promised. Even had a little note and drawing to help me install it.

Great customer service. Thanks, Henry!

hikerjohnd
01-23-2006, 23:58

Service that is second to none!

walkin' wally
01-24-2006, 06:19

Me too, time to drop some pack weight! Service like that is hard to beat.

D'Artagnan
01-24-2006, 11:04
I've been looking at Henry's website and debating the switch to a tarptent for some time now. This extraordinary customer service response clinches it for me. I will be ordering a Squall shortly.