PDA

View Full Version : Hikers in Hampton Roads area

MichaelKey
01-18-2006, 23:34
My name is Michael, I'm 23 yr old hiker. I'm looking to meet some other back packers in my area, who could give me tips on supplies, trails and make some new friends to hike with. I'm also a christian, and if you are too that'd be a double awesome.

Anyways, I'm new, and looking for advice. I've been going up to GW and Skyline and the AT since I was younger, but since I moved out on my own I haven't had the chance to do the things I want to do, which is a nice deep woods weekend or week long packing trip.

Would like to travel while I'm young, no point waiting till I'm 60. :cool:

brancher
02-14-2006, 20:44
My name is Michael, I'm 23 yr old hiker. I'm looking to meet some other back packers in my area, who could give me tips on supplies, trails and make some new friends to hike with. I'm also a christian, and if you are too that'd be a double awesome.

Anyways, I'm new, and looking for advice. I've been going up to GW and Skyline and the AT since I was younger, but since I moved out on my own I haven't had the chance to do the things I want to do, which is a nice deep woods weekend or week long packing trip.

Would like to travel while I'm young, no point waiting till I'm 60. :cool:

Try the Tidewater Appalachian Trail Club - folks of all ages who love the outdoors and believe in having fun while they provide some service.

http://www.tidewateratc.com/

Teatime
02-15-2006, 05:58
I'm originally from Portsmouth (Churchland section). When I was a kid, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports in Virginia Beach was a great place to find gear. Sadly, my brother says they are more into water sports than hiking/camping gear these days.

TAMBOURINE
02-15-2006, 08:33
Hello Well i live in Hampton from Norfolk here is my e mail i hike all the time i am young as well looking for someone to hang with as well [email protected]