Chopsticks not required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greenlight
12-26-2016, 20:26
More of a nosh, but dang its tasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheyou
12-26-2016, 20:38
My take on it ! Sardines and Shiracha on crackers with cold beer.

thom

Dogwood
12-26-2016, 22:31
Delish! Nice Nice. Outside of the box trail food thinking. Like it a lot. Easy enough to gather the ingredients too at a good size grocery store that makes sushi... FREE Wasabi(not real but good enough for the moment) and Free Soy Sauce. Pickled ginger can be bought jarred in the Intention Asian Food area but in the same sushi case they usually have little 1 0z portions. I ask the sushi maker and they usually give me some free.

Rex Clifton
01-05-2017, 20:56
I caught a Brook trout once and are it sashimi style. Man was that good!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ScareBear
01-05-2017, 21:44
Oh. Food. My bad...

When I know I will be encountering some sort of trash bin during a hike, I usually bring along some tins of smoked clams or smoked baby oysters and a hunk of baguette.

The above recipe looks very nice. I'm going to do a little deviation and let you know how it turns out. I am going to substitute a packet of pink salmon(2.5oz) for the smoked salmon, EVOO for the veggie oil, and powdered ginger for the pickled. I will also omit the avocado and cuke. That would makes this recipe fully trail-compatible with my food stores on a multi-day...

Thanks!!!!

Greenlight
01-05-2017, 21:49
I'm partial to smoked salmon, but pink salmon foil packs would work great, too. I pick up single serve "ketchup packet" sized pickled ginger and soy sauces when I'm at a grocer that sells sushi in those little plastic clam shells, so they're easy to drop into the "sushi bag" lol. Asian sections of the grocery sell little tin spice jars of powdered wasabi, too.

Good luck with your experiments...
Oh. Food. My bad...

When I know I will be encountering some sort of trash bin during a hike, I usually bring along some tins of smoked clams or smoked baby oysters and a hunk of baguette.

The above recipe looks very nice. I'm going to do a little deviation and let you know how it turns out. I am going to substitute a packet of pink salmon(2.5oz) for the smoked salmon, EVOO for the veggie oil, and powdered ginger for the pickled. I will also omit the avocado and cuke. That would makes this recipe fully trail-compatible with my food stores on a multi-day...

Thanks!!!!

ScareBear
01-05-2017, 23:46
Already have wasabi powder and ginger powder in the spice cabinet. And pink salmon packs in the camping stores bin. That's why I got excited about the recipe!

But tonight was taco meat over mixed veg night...

tortoise61
01-06-2017, 02:11
I've been trying this with a few alterations.

Terriyaki or Wasabi flavored package of seaweed snacks
dehydrated sticky rice (rehydrated)
packet of soy sauce
packet of pickled ginger
pinch of wasabi as desired

Roll or fold seaweed snacks filled with rice, dip in soy and enjoy!
*Certainly cucumber, avocado or spring onion would be good "if ya got it"!
pinch of wasabi powder

imscotty
01-06-2017, 09:47
I caught a Brook trout once and are it sashimi style. Man was that good!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Freshwater fish are more apt to carry parasites and bacteria that can make you sick. Cooking is always recommended for freshwater fish.