PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to hike with from WhiteBlaze

attroll
01-19-2006, 03:27
Someone else started a question in another thread asking if you could hike with any four people you wanted to who would you pick.

I thought I would do something similar.

If you could hike with any member of WhiteBlaze that you have not already hiked with who would you like it to be? No more then 10 people in the list please.

Zzzzdyd
01-19-2006, 09:32
a few days on the Trail with the following folks. I haven't met any of them in person and have only emailed with one of them about some shelter questions.

Footslogger & his S.O. - for their modest wisdom & experience. Intelligent sense of humor.

Solemates - Same as Above

Smile - Her newness,( at least her post about what's in her pack, etc. read like she's relatively new to AT thru-hiking anyway) excitement, and willingness to learn. I would look forward to teasing her and playing pranks on her....hmmm now how did that BIG rock get in her pack, what's it for Smile ? lol

Jack Tarlin - His article "Next Time" really helped me get my head in a much better place. I gather from some comments I have read about him he has hiked a whole lot, but he still seems to have a lot of passion for hiking and I find it very refreshing to find someone willing to pass on so much experience and wisdom in such a modest, honest and caring way. I believe this guy really loves walking in the woods and other hikers too...............

Sgt. Rock - Because I am a old Army dude and I think we might need him to bail us out of jail !! Be even better if he could keep us herded up enough to keep us out of jail huh !! lmao

I enjoy their posts and think it would be a very interesting mix.

general
01-19-2006, 09:35
good folks, good stories, and good times

Tabasco
01-19-2006, 10:31
Sgt Rock and Dead Man Walking. I would bring my older son too. Dixiecritter and Mrs Tabasco could commiserate together.

Footslogger
01-19-2006, 12:04
Well, for me it's my main squeeze ...BadAss Turtle !!

'Slogger

attroll
01-19-2006, 13:28
Well, for me it's my main squeeze ...BadAss Turtle !!

'Slogger
Yes but as I stated in the first post if you had a choice of someone on WhiteBlaze that you have never hiked with. Who would you like it to be.

Footslogger
01-19-2006, 13:37
Yes but as I stated in the first post if you had a choice of someone on WhiteBlaze that you have never hiked with. Who would you like it to be.
======================================
Well ...I suspect there are a lot of people here at Whiteblaze with whom it would be interesting to hike for a day or two. But to be totally frank, if we're talking about a distance hike and it can't be BA Turtle then I'd probaby just as soon hike alone.

'Slogger

The Solemates
01-19-2006, 13:43
Well ...I suspect there are a lot of people here at Whiteblaze with whom it would be interesting to hike for a day or two. But to be totally frank, if we're talking about a distance hike and it can't be BA Turtle then I'd probaby just as soon hike alone.

'Slogger

same here.

attroll
01-19-2006, 14:01

'Slogger

I am still deciding on who I would pick seeing. There are so many I would like to hike with from reading their post. I had you on the list but seeing you would not hike with me I might as well remove you from my list.:)

Streamweaver
01-19-2006, 14:13
In no particular order!

Sgt Rock
Attroll
Lone Wolf
JackTarlin
Hammock Hanger
Old fhart
Brian
Kerosene
DebW
Dances with Marmots

Theres alot more Id like to hike with but,thats ten off the top of my head.

Footslogger
01-19-2006, 14:19
I am still deciding on who I would pick seeing. There are so many I would like to hike with from reading their post. I had you on the list but seeing you would not hike with me I might as well remove you from my list.:)
========================================
Thanks attroll ...I'll take that as a compliment (the fact that I was on your short list). I didn't say I wouldn't hike with you though. Maybe I misunderstood the question. I took it to mean that you would be doing a thru-hike with the other person.

'Slogger

wacocelt
01-19-2006, 14:30
L. Wolf
B Jack
Nean
Tha Wookie
Chris
lobster
Youngblood
Nieghbor Dave
Sly
HOI

Alligator
01-19-2006, 14:41
I'll spread the love...I don't think ATTroll was thinking a long distance hike.

In no particular order,
Any of the Bills, or close Billville associates.
Mowgli
SmokyMtnSteve
Tha Wookie
Mags
Sly
Dances with Mice
Patrick
A-Train
Heck, I'd even consider hiking with Blue Jay.

There's a few others too, but I'm already over ten.

Jaybird
01-19-2006, 14:51
If you could hike with any member of WhiteBlaze that you have not already hiked with who would you like it to be? No more then 10 people in the list please.

ATTROLL (the suck-up light is on!)
LONE WOLF
BALTIMORE JACK
THE OLD FHART
HAMMOCK HANGER
FROSTY
SMILE
FOOTSLOGGER
RAINMAN
SGT ROCK

when do we leave? :D

Cookerhiker
01-19-2006, 14:54
In no particular order:

Tha Wookie (but I couldn't keep up with him)
Weary
Sly
Skyline
Alligator
Rain Man
MOWGLI
Hammock Hanger
Lobo
A-Train

Wow, that's 10 already. There're others I'm sure. Hmm, not very gender-balanced. And some of my favorite current hiking partners are women! :D

attroll
01-19-2006, 14:56
========================================
Thanks attroll ...I'll take that as a compliment (the fact that I was on your short list). I didn't say I wouldn't hike with you though. Maybe I misunderstood the question. I took it to mean that you would be doing a thru-hike with the other person.

'Slogger

Nope, what I meant was someone on WhiteBlaze that has intrigued you and you mike want to do a short hike with as in a week or weekend or even a through hike. No problem and not hard feelings here. I guess i will put you back on my list then.

neo
01-19-2006, 15:32
hammock hanger
deb w
peterpan
patrick
sgt rock
just jeff
QHShowoman
youngblood
turtle2
baltimore jack
rainman:cool: neo

Squeaky 2
01-19-2006, 15:38
why doesnt anyone want to hike with me?

Tha Wookie
01-19-2006, 15:48
I' dlike to hike with Warren Doyle, B. Jack, Weary, Smoky Mountain Steve, Wolf, and shoot why not Minnesota Smith -all at the same time, or at least at the same campfire.

I'd also like to do some individual hiking with Mowgli, Lion King, Smoky Mt Steve, and all the folks from the past and future Ancient Wilderness Skills Courses.

There are plently other I can think of too..... long list

Tha Wookie
01-19-2006, 15:52
I' dlike to hike with Warren Doyle, B. Jack, Weary, Smoky Mountain Steve, Wolf, and shoot why not Minnesota Smith -all at the same time, or at least at the same campfire.

I'd also like to do some individual hiking with Mowgli, Lion King, Smoky Mt Steve, and all the folks from the past and future Ancient Wilderness Skills Courses.

There are plently other I can think of too..... long list

I forgot to mention Chris. He's up there on the list. Would love to hunt pictures.

leeki pole
01-19-2006, 15:52
"yes, they've just reached the top of Springer Mountain. Squeaky looks around and sees no one within 3 miles. That speed is quite impressive."

"well, Al, he does have 4.20 speed in the hour."

"thanks, John, I've forgotten that he does hold the Triple Crown record. Even Cal Ripken's consecutive game record pales in comparison."

I'd love to hike with you Sqeeks, but you're way too fast! :)

Turtle2
01-19-2006, 15:59
Squeaky, wasn't the word hike? Gee, I don't think I could keep up with you. You are as a gust of wind, here and then gone. However, it would great to talk with you. I bow to your accomplishments!

Mags
01-19-2006, 16:01
I think many of us would love to hike with you Squeaky. Keeping up with you is another ball of wax! :D

AFTER: SHoulda read the whole thread first. See..we all love ya Squeaky. We just can't hike with you. ;)

Squeaky 2
01-19-2006, 16:06
few! i was beginingto think i smell bad!!! hahahaha

Smile
01-19-2006, 16:07
Wow, I'd be thrilled to hike with you all!

At the SoRuck I met so many cool people, this would be a very tough decision to pick only 10.

How about a mass WhiteBlaze member thru-hike plan for....say... 2010?
Get our "home' support people to have planned stops along the way, rent out entire blocks of rooms at a discount in designated trail towns, do some sort of mass trail clean-up along the way, and shoot a movie about it all?

Blister
01-19-2006, 16:25
Its a hard one since I have hiked with some of the most notorious names in these lists. I'd definatley put squeaky in the list although would never consider doing another 40 mile day in my life - did it once that was enough!!!!
HHHmmm
Probablly (although I have hung out with some of these folks, have yet the opportunity to actually hike along with them
Sly
Nean
Chris
Mags
Cuppa Joe
Legs
Sgt Rock
and jsut about anyone else that is laid back and a good sense of humor, Gotta admit I havn't made it on any lists either - but I do smell like bananas at the moment:banana :banana

neo
01-19-2006, 16:34

i will hike with ya squeaky:cool: neo

chris
01-19-2006, 17:07
Its a hard one since I have hiked with some of the most notorious names in these lists. I'd definatley put squeaky in the list although would never consider doing another 40 mile day in my life - did it once that was enough!!!!
HHHmmm
Probablly (although I have hung out with some of these folks, have yet the opportunity to actually hike along with them
Sly
Nean
Chris
Mags
Cuppa Joe
Legs
Sgt Rock
and jsut about anyone else that is laid back and a good sense of humor, Gotta admit I havn't made it on any lists either - but I do smell like bananas at the moment:banana :banana

Come on now! We hiked down to the gas station in East Glacier for beer a couple of times.

I'd make a list, but I'm going to forget someone. Ok, I'll make a list. Off the top of my head and in no order,

Tha Wookie
Blister (ok, a beer run for malt liquor doesn't count)
Mags
Sgt. Rock
Blue Jay (as long as he promises to be irascible)
Smoky Mountain Steve (as long as it is in Alaska)

Jack Tarlin
01-19-2006, 17:28
Gee....this tough.

Gotta limit it to ten, eh?

OK, here goes.....

In no particular order:

*Weary
*Wookie
*Jack Lincoln
*SmokyMountain Steve
*Mowgli
*R&R
*Pencil Pusher
*Lobster
*Rick B.

*Oh, yeah, and Warren. How'd I possibly forget him?

Oh course, in addition to picking my travelling company, I also get to pick the section.

How's about between Catawba and Daleville......I can see us now, posing for pictures at McAfee Knob at sunset.

What a shot for the ages!

Of course, I'd be the guy taking the picture.

Dialogue would go a bit like this:

"Hey, great shot, guys, I'll send you all copies. Now pull the group in a bit....
and everyone take three big steps back!"

:) Just kidding folks! Would get boring around here without my fan club!

rickb
01-19-2006, 17:53
"Hey, great shot, guys, I'll send you all copies. Now pull the group in a bit....
and everyone take three big steps back!

And you think that we would pick that moment to start agreeing with you?

FWIW, you would most certainly be on my list.

And also the list that attroll speaks of. :)

Skidsteer
01-19-2006, 18:15
No particular order:

Dances with Mice
Sgt Rock
Rainman
Baltimore Jack
Lone Wolf
Tha Wookie
Seeker

I' m not sure if I'll be able to narrow it down enough to pick my last three! Oh heck, I'd hike with just about anyone as long as I'm hiking.

Almost There
01-19-2006, 18:19
Baltimore Jack
Lone Wolf-provided it's not raining!
Tha Wookie
Solemate (The male half)
Sly
Lion King
Little Bear(Mowgli)
Warren Doyle(because I'm an open-minded kinda guy!!! and I admit I would probably learn something)
General-fun guy!!!
I'm sure there are others, but this is the short list!!!

Fiddler
01-19-2006, 18:39

You're too damn fast. Can't keep up with you.

The Solemates
01-19-2006, 19:56
ok, since everyone else is...in no order and with some locations...

1 stumpknocker - on the AT, of course. or perhaps the IAT or FT
2 SgtRock - in the south
3 chris - in the pacific NW
4 mags - in CO
5 lone wolf - only if he's sober :rolleyes:
6 atcloudwalker - if its the one we hiked with before..on the AT in New England
7 chief - on the MST
8 yogi - on the CDT. wait she's not on WB. oh well.
9 OT - not on WB either, but since Im on a roll...
10 model T - for laughs

Lugnut
01-19-2006, 20:40
[QUOTE=Jack Tarlin]Gee....this tough.

Gotta limit it to ten, eh?

OK, here goes.....

In no particular order:

*Weary
*Wookie
*Jack Lincoln
*SmokyMountain Steve
*Mowgli
*R&R
*Pencil Pusher
*Lobster
*Rick B.

*Oh, yeah, and Warren. How'd I possibly forget him?

Since you put Jack Lincoln and R&R on your list you may as well add Da'Swartz! :D

Alligator
01-19-2006, 20:52
He's got a "new" one too, GPSBlake.

Skidsteer
01-19-2006, 20:54
I gotta add Weary to my list. I'm down to two now!:D

Jack Tarlin
01-19-2006, 20:56
Good Lord! How could I forget my main man!!!

Guess he'll haveta replace somebody on my list......hmmm, make it Warren.

He'll have to join me on McAfee some other time!

And Holy Smokes!! I just realized I lift out Teej! How on earth did I manage that??

He can take Rick B.'s place, cuz Rick actually says something useful once in awhile; we might wanna keep him around.

Kozmic Zian
01-19-2006, 22:16
Yea, Partners....

No, well, maybe....you see, I kinda' like it alone....especially now. Older, wiser....soloed in '96....will again. I like to meet plenty of 'hikin' folks' along the way. That way you can say hello, and goodbye when ya like. Makes things a bit more 'independent', IYKWIS'in....hi guys....wha's up!

Moxie00
01-19-2006, 23:07
Jester, Blister, Baltimore Jack and Lone Wolf, but I have at one time or another hiked with them,as well as DMA and Dances With Mice not to mention The Old Fhart. Hell, I even went to church with Blister. I am so slow I rarely hike with anyone more than a day or two.

Jack Tarlin
01-19-2006, 23:25
To church with Blister??

Man, I GOTTA hear more about this one, especially about how you dodged the lightning bolts inside the chapel.

Tha Wookie
01-20-2006, 00:58
Just kidding folks! Would get boring around here without my fan club!

That's right Jack. How else would you spend all those lonely nights? I imagine that Wingfoot guide under your pillow would get even more worn out than it already is.

LEGS
01-20-2006, 02:26
Guess I'd Have To Say Blister!!!!!! Lone Wolf!!!!!! Sunkist!!!! And Lil Munchkin!!!! D-bone!!!! K-bear!!!!! Sourdough!!!!! Hoppy And Jenny!!! Baltimore Jack!!!! And Of Course That Guy Up In Maine Who Runs This Show Attroll!!! I Think Thats 10. I'd Hike With Most Anyone But If Ya Gotta Pick'em Then These Be My Ten! Night All!!!!! Happy Hikin!!!

Doctari
01-20-2006, 10:36
Already hiked with Sly couple of times, but even though it "violates the rules" I would pick him again. Will leave him out of the “official” 4

Sue / Hammock Hanger
Baltimore Jack
Neo (& wife) Can that count as one?
Renaissance man (& wife)! Can that count as one too?

AND, probably everyone else here. Just a few at a time please, the trail is crowded enough. :D

Some day we will have a gathering / meeting on a weekend I don’t have to work & I’ll get to actually meet & hike with more than the few I have. :jump

Doctari.

dharmabum86
01-20-2006, 12:22
I'd love to hike with you....I don't think I could keep up though :rolleyes:

OJ

Nightwalker
01-20-2006, 17:10
few! i was beginingto think i smell bad!!! hahahaha
After a few days out there, I'm sure that you do! However, that would hardly make you stand out in this crowd...

:D

Moxie00
01-20-2006, 21:20
To church with Blister??

Man, I GOTTA hear more about this one, especially about how you dodged the lightning bolts inside the chapel.
Church of the Mountain, Deleware Water Gap. Blister and I were both carrying oversize Gregory packs with way too much weight. We had hiked about a week in the rain and both our shoulders looked like cheap hamburg. Pastor Karen had a strict rule, only one night at the hostel. Blister and I got the idea that if we went to church, looked very pious, and sang every hymn loud and off key Pastor Karen would take pity on us and let us stay an extra night. During the service Blister acted like the virgin Mary and I tried to pull off a Billy Graham act in dirty shorts. It must have worked, not only did we get an extra night but we both got a "Church of the Mountain 2000 patch to sew on our packs. God either never knew the difference or was looking the other way. No lightning-just rain all the way to New Hampshire.:clap

Smooth
01-20-2006, 21:28
I want to hike with all of ya, Heck, I should invite you all down to my cabin and we all could hike with one another!!!

Plenty of trails here!!!

neighbor dave
01-21-2006, 10:13
too many to list but here's a good start...
chickety:welcome
houdini
hellboy
stinkyfeet
wacocelt
lobster
sly
smoky mountain steve
mingo
yappy
dead animal

Cuppa Joe
01-21-2006, 10:57
but this crew would be a walking party :)

Blister Sister
Baltimore Jack
Chomp
Jester
Redneck
Angus
Funkee Monkee
Bag a Tricks

I think we'd have to have a pack mule just to bring the "real" neccessities!

Cuppa

Lion King
01-21-2006, 12:17
Whats odd is almost every person listed in every list posted, I have hiked with at one time or the other since 1998...the Family never goes away they just get more and more disfunctional.

:D:banana

Blister
01-21-2006, 12:56
Church of the Mountain, Deleware Water Gap. Blister and I were both carrying oversize Gregory packs with way too much weight. We had hiked about a week in the rain and both our shoulders looked like cheap hamburg. Pastor Karen had a strict rule, only one night at the hostel. Blister and I got the idea that if we went to church, looked very pious, and sang every hymn loud and off key Pastor Karen would take pity on us and let us stay an extra night. During the service Blister acted like the virgin Mary and I tried to pull off a Billy Graham act in dirty shorts. It must have worked, not only did we get an extra night but we both got a "Church of the Mountain 2000 patch to sew on our packs. God either never knew the difference or was looking the other way. No lightning-just rain all the way to New Hampshire.:clap

God, no pun intended. The story sounds better than I remember it By the way my pack was not oversized and I did spend one night there but before my kidnapping. And yes we did go to church and yes I was waiting for the lightning to strike us both. Fiddleheads brother and business partner (Bulldog and Drummer) kidnapped me for an amazing Lobster dinner in PA. Picture a van filled with three people coming back from a long bike trek, all their gear, one smelly backpacker (me) with my gear and 100 live lobsters, about 500 flies in tow with all the windows open. It was great.

neo
01-21-2006, 14:35
but this crew would be a walking party :)

Blister Sister
Baltimore Jack
Chomp
Jester
Redneck
Angus
Funkee Monkee
Bag a Tricks

I think we'd have to have a pack mule just to bring the "real" neccessities!

Cuppa

bag a tricks is a great guy,i met him in late october 2003 near the pinnacles:cool: neo

digger51
01-21-2006, 21:24
I would hike with Jack Tarlin and Mtn Dew. If I could keep up with those guys I would feel I made great progress on a thru.

Jack Tarlin
01-21-2006, 21:55
Thanx for the compliment Digger, but I don't think you'd have much problem keeping up with me these days!

Considering the state of my knee and the size of my gut, I think Captain Ahab could keep up. Stevie Wonder could keep up. Rosie O'Donnelll could keep up. Kirstie Alley could keep up. Karl Rove could keep up!

Geez, interesting crew, eh?

Well, Stevie might be fun, but the other guys might inspire me to turn up the miles a bit!

Alligator
01-21-2006, 22:00
Kirstie Alley is quite the acrobat these days.

Lone Wolf
01-21-2006, 22:04
She's still a cow.

Alligator
01-21-2006, 22:07
Make that after 8:00 p.m.

smokymtnsteve
01-21-2006, 22:08
Make that after 8:00 p.m.

just after 5 pm here in AK>>>but give LW a break it is a weekend.:banana

Lone Wolf
01-21-2006, 22:08
Nope. No Dot's this time.:) Just the facts.

digger51
01-21-2006, 22:13
L.W. do the sell frogg toggs at the Damascus outfitter?

Lone Wolf
01-21-2006, 22:17
No they do not. The Underwear Guys sell them.

neo
01-21-2006, 22:20

i prefer the underwear girls myself lw:cool: neo

smokymtnsteve
01-21-2006, 22:22
lots of hikers like Frogg toggs,,,why doesn't the local damasskiss outfitter carry them???....I thought they were supposed to B hiker friendly.

smokymtnsteve
01-21-2006, 22:22
i prefer the underwear girls myself lw:cool: neo

U wear what NEO???

smokymtnsteve
01-21-2006, 22:23
i prefer the girls underwear myself lw:cool: neo

U wear what NEO???

Lone Wolf
01-21-2006, 22:24
www.fiddleheadpa.safeshopper.com/15/cat15.htm?737

neo
01-21-2006, 22:44
to bad hillary clinton is not on whiteblaze,i bet alot of guys would love to hike with her:cool: neo

Johnny Appleseed
01-22-2006, 19:17
1) Anyone with plenty of cheba 2) people with new cooking recipes that are easy 3) someone with wine for the night-drink/cook.

Hammock Hanger
01-23-2006, 10:22
On a short break from the trail and of course had to have a WB fix. Just read this thread. Doctari, Streamweaver, Neo, Cookerhiker & Jaybird you are always welcome to join me at anytime. Thanks, you all made my day.

Sue :)

minnesotasmith
01-23-2006, 10:47
to bad hillary clinton is not on whiteblaze,i bet alot of guys would love to hike with her:cool: neo

Yeah, the same way Ted Kennedy gives young women a ride home late at night. "Look over that cliff, Hillary, there's something really neat there." "I don't see anything..." <SHOVE> "AAAaaahhh..." <splat> (WBer pats self on back, plans to open bottle of champagne when home to celebrate).

MOWGLI
01-23-2006, 10:56
Yeah, the same way Ted Kennedy gives young women a ride home late at night. "Look over that cliff, Hillary, there's something really neat there." "I don't see anything..." <SHOVE> "AAAaaahhh..." <splat> (WBer pats self on back, plans to open bottle of champagne when home to celebrate).

MS, any idea when you plan on reaching the Daleville, VA area? I'd like to meet and hike with you to McAfee Knob, and perhaps Tinker Cliffs. I'm hoping the hike along Tinker Cliffs won't be necessary though. ;)

Sly
01-23-2006, 11:03
How to spoil a good "hiking" thread. Minnesotasmith meet neo, neo, Minnesotasmith.

neo
01-23-2006, 14:23
On a short break from the trail and of course had to have a WB fix. Just read this thread. Doctari, Streamweaver, Neo, Cookerhiker & Jaybird you are always welcome to join me at anytime. Thanks, you all made my day.

Sue :)

your welcome sue,i guess i like ya ,because you are a fellow hiker,yaker
and jeeper:cool: neo

gargamel
01-23-2006, 19:19
"Look over that cliff, Hillary, there's something really neat there." "I don't see anything..." <SHOVE> "AAAaaahhh..." <SPLAT>(WBer pats self on back, plans to open bottle of champagne when home to celebrate).

Ah... now I understand the meaning of the term "compassionate conservative."

Jack Tarlin
01-23-2006, 19:35
Tut, tut, Mowgli.

When it comes to removal of trail litter, I thought I had that spot reserved. (See Post#29 above).

Surely someone who knows the Trail as well as you can find a new and original spot! :)

minnesotasmith
01-23-2006, 22:46
MS, any idea when you plan on reaching the Daleville, VA area? I'd like to meet and hike with you to McAfee Knob, and perhaps Tinker Cliffs. I'm hoping the hike along Tinker Cliffs won't be necessary though. ;)

I'll probably hike shelter-to-shelter (where they are between 5.5 to 8.5 miles apart) for quite a while; I'm guessing I'll do that to the north end of the Smokies. I'm planning to hit Amicalola Feb. 11th or the 12th. Sure, I'd enjoy company with someone who also is familiar with www.whiteblaze.net (http://www.whiteblaze.net).

attroll
01-26-2006, 13:46
I finally came up with my list. I would like to include everyone on the list but I did set a limit to 10 and I guess I should lead by example.

Footslogger/BA Turtle (this only counts as one because one will not hike without the other) LOL.
MOWGLI16
MedicineMan
A-Train
Just Jeff
Lilredmg
DebW
veteran
Peter Pan
Smile
Attroll

Footslogger
01-26-2006, 14:07
I finally came up with my list. I would like to include everyone on the list but I did set a limit to 10 and I guess I should lead by example.

Footslogger/BA Turtle (this only counts as one because one will not hike without the other) LOL.
We actually do a lot of solo hiking. Just that our preference would be to hike together whenever possible.

Hope to see you in July then ....

'Slogger

Sleepy the Arab
01-26-2006, 14:10
I don't really hike with people. I think I'd rather share a campsite or a meal with them. Or both. Or busting out some trail maintenance with them. But hiking with someone...well, that's a special thing in my book as it involves matching paces and the occasional smalltalk. It's only happened four or five times with me.

Not only that, but how can I pick when I only know words on a moniter that are vaguely connected with a name. The people on the other side aren't quite those things in person, so how could I pick based on this?

That said, I wouldn't mind sharing a campsite/beer/campfire with:
*Weary
*Mags (although we've met before, briefly)
*Hammock Hanger
*smokymountainsteve
*six more people from this site chosen at random whom I have not had the pleasure of their company before.

The Solemates
01-26-2006, 14:46

MOWGLI16
MedicineMan
A-Train
Just Jeff
Lilredmg
DebW
veteran
Peter Pan
Smile
Attroll

you want to hike with yourself? :D

attroll
01-26-2006, 14:47
you want to hike with yourself? :D

I did that to see if anyone would actually catch that. LOL. Also because I was not on anyone elses list so I wanted to see my name on someones list. LOL

Footslogger
01-26-2006, 15:06
Also because I was not on anyone elses list so I wanted to see my name on someones list. LOL
================================
Funny you should mention that. I almost did the same thing for the same reason. But then you published your list and my name was on it. Kinda reminded me of a movie with Steve Martin where he looks in the phone book and finds his name and immediately shouts ..."I am somebody" !!

'Slogger

RockyTrail
01-26-2006, 18:26
================================
Funny you should mention that. I almost did the same thing for the same reason. But then you published your list and my name was on it. Kinda reminded me of a movie with Steve Martin where he looks in the phone book and finds his name and immediately shouts ..."I am somebody" !!

'Slogger

The movie was titled "The Jerk":)

...but, you didn't really wanna know that! (sorry!):D

Footslogger
01-26-2006, 18:52
The movie was titled "The Jerk":)

...but, you didn't really wanna know that! (sorry!):D
=================================
Actually I'm glad you reminded me of the movie title ...thanks.

'Slogger

saimyoji
01-26-2006, 19:30
Did anyone catch the Steve Martin ceremony to receive the Mark Twain comedy award on PBS not so long ago? Pure hilarity. :clap:clap

Streamweaver
01-27-2006, 12:44
I did that to see if anyone would actually catch that. LOL. Also because I was not on anyone elses list so I wanted to see my name on someones list. LOL

I know of at least 2 lists you are already on Attroll.Mine fer one.

QHShowoman
01-27-2006, 13:12
Neo just wants to hike with me so he can convert me to his church of hammockism.

If I hike with SarBar, will she cook for me?

attroll
01-27-2006, 14:17
I know of at least 2 lists you are already on Attroll.Mine fer one.
Sorry I missed that list. Thank you. Someone likes me or maybe it is because they do not know me yet.:)

neo
01-28-2006, 14:13
Neo just wants to hike with me so he can convert me to his church of hammockism.

If I hike with SarBar, will she cook for me?

sarbar's cooking in freezer bags sure beats washing dish's,i love the freezer bag style of cooking,and hammock hanging is the only way to fly:cool: neo

carolinahiker
02-14-2006, 12:17
Id just be happy to meet anyone who hikes and have someone to poke along with Sgt Rock would be cool im retired army we could tell warstories aka lies to each other lol.

longshank
02-14-2006, 12:19
Why, Kirk McQuest, of course.

KirkMcquest
02-14-2006, 12:22
Who else but Longshanks? And maybe that hiker-teacher gal who wants to nude-hike.

longshank
02-14-2006, 12:24
I second that, mcquest. She has an open invite to hike with our team in '07!