PDA

View Full Version : 100 Mile Wilderness, July 2018, from Canada!

Canadian_Hiker
12-29-2016, 23:13
Looking for a hiking partner for the 100 Mile Wilderness. I am a 40 year old, fit male from Canada. I have hiked the Funny Footpath, Chignecto Trail and the entire northern end of Baxter State Park. This summer I will be hiking large sections of the IAT. I am willing to meet up this summer for a few short hikes so we can meet.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Canadian_Hiker
01-11-2017, 15:53
Wow...no replies! Lol

Slo-go'en
01-11-2017, 16:40
I think you need to explain your plans a little more clearly and state exactly when you plan do this.

Suzzz
01-11-2017, 22:24
Funny Footpath? Haha! Not so funny when you're hiking it but nothing compares to those views! I recently read somewhere that the Footpath was one of the best hikes in Canada. Very cool to have it in my backyard!

I'm thinking about doing the 100 miles wilderness too but possibly in July 2017. Might switch to another section though since it seems complicated to find a hiking partner and I'd prefer to be in a less secluded area if I'm by myself. Although a lot of people are saying that the 100 mile of wilderness isn't as secluded as it used to be.

Heliotrope
01-11-2017, 22:56
I live in Maine and try to hike the 100 MW each year. I am always open to new hiking partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogwood
01-12-2017, 00:36
Yes funny. Guessing some(many?) here might not know it's the Fundy Footpath.

Canadian_Hiker
01-12-2017, 04:44
Funny Footpath? Haha! Not so funny when you're hiking it but nothing compares to those views! I recently read somewhere that the Footpath was one of the best hikes in Canada. Very cool to have it in my backyard!

I'm thinking about doing the 100 miles wilderness too but possibly in July 2017. Might switch to another section though since it seems complicated to find a hiking partner and I'd prefer to be in a less secluded area if I'm by myself. Although a lot of people are saying that the 100 mile of wilderness isn't as secluded as it used to be.
Yes, it was a beautiful hike indeed! I too read somewhere that the Fundy Footpath was one of the best hikes in Canada.

I have done a good amount of research on the 100 Mile Wilderness and there are a good number of logging roads that cut through the 100MW. However, those roads are not short and some are in very poor condition. It is nice to know that if you get into trouble there is a good chance that someone can get in there to find you. Still I think it would be hard to try and plan a resupply along the trail. Therefore, my plan will be pack light and carry everything I need to complete the trail.

If you do hike the 100 Mile Wilderness this summer I wish you all the best and can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories! If you decide to put it off for another year I would be seriously interested in joining forces and hiking it together.

Slo-go'en
01-12-2017, 14:22
Getting a resupply delivered about half way through the HMW is no longer a problem, several people offer that service. Not cheap though. $70 maybe? (plus the food). But it's not that hard to carry enough food for the whole trip. Plenty of hikers do it.

I think one of the best hikes in Canada is the highland trail near Jasper out in the Rockies...