PDA

View Full Version : Section Hike

Rowdy Yates
01-19-2006, 17:09
:confused: I am planning a section hike in late May or early June and find that the Trail description that I have in my AT Guide Book (Ninth Edition) is out-of-date. That is, it doesn't with the info in the new Data Book. Could someone send me a description of the section from US 19E (north of Apple House Shelter) to Watauga Lake (US 321) :jump? This would keep me from having to purchase a whole new guide just to get an update on this section:banana .

Cookerhiker
01-19-2006, 17:17
Here's my TJ for your section - hope it helps some. If you like steep uphills, you'll love Pond Flat Mountain!

How long is your section hike? I did this stretch in 2 days.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=97366

The Solemates
01-19-2006, 17:43
:confused: I am planning a section hike in late May or early June and find that the Trail description that I have in my AT Guide Book (Ninth Edition) is out-of-date. That is, it doesn't with the info in the new Data Book. Could someone send me a description of the section from US 19E (north of Apple House Shelter) to Watauga Lake (US 321) :jump? This would keep me from having to purchase a whole new guide just to get an update on this section:banana .

www.aldha.org

free stuff

general
01-19-2006, 20:01
[quote=Cookerhiker]Here's my TJ for your section - hope it helps some. If you like steep uphills, you'll love Pond Flat Mountain!

How long is your section hike? I did this stretch in 2 days.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=97366[/quot

there is a blueblaze that takes a left after laurel creek falls that successfully avoids pond flats. it ain't flat, and there ain't no pond. it comes out on the road that goes by the swimming area at lake watuga. take a right on the road and road walk to the parking lot. or my personal thoughts: roadwalks are for hitchhikin'.

Rowdy Yates
01-22-2006, 15:29
Cookerhiker,
From US 19E to Damascus, VA for a total of 74.2 miles. My problem is that my AT Trail Guide is out-of-date and the Data Book does not agree with it's information from US 19E to Dennis Cove Road. That is where I need the Trail description.