PDA

View Full Version : Costco has Patagonia Nano-Air Hoody's for sale for $99.

Miguelon
01-07-2017, 21:54
Hello all,

So, I just bought a mens XXL Patagonia Nano-Air Hoody's at Costco in MN Twin Cities for $99 weighing in at: 457 g (16.125 oz). Weight listed on patagonia's site 385 g (13.6 oz) but that's for a different size.

Here's a review of Patagonia's Nano-Air Hoody: gearjunkie nano air jacket review

My idea right now is to start the AT with the Nano-Air Hoody and then switch to XXL Melanzana Micro Grid Hoody --only $69 and 356 g-- once it gets warm enough. Fairly similar material to the Patagonia R1 according to something I glanced at on backpacking light.

See Melanzana.com for more on the Micro Grid, if you'd like.

New version of this product is called the Nano Air Light Hoody: 309 g (10.9 oz) http://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-nano-air-light-hoody/84280.html

Oh, and I got a Luke's Ultralight Windbreaker XXL at 78 grams that will be used to complement both of these...

Hope this is of use and not confusing,

Miguelon

Venchka
01-08-2017, 00:21
When are you starting? Is the Nano Air Hoodie your insulation / warmest layer?
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miguelon
01-08-2017, 02:00
Hey Venchka,

Northbound AT, Late Feb, early March if my job hunt goes like I expect. And, yes it'd be by far my warmest layer.
I'm loading my pack--ULA Ohlm 2.0--to figure out how and where to put stuff/find out what stuff sacks I wanta buy. I'm pretty sure the pack weight will be 12.5LBS excluding what I'm wearing and food/water.

Miguelon

TNhiker
01-08-2017, 02:04
dang it....

went in to a costco the first time the other day with my dad (he has membership) specifically to look for a down jacket....

nothing...........and none of those down throws either....

i was kinda bummed...

saltysack
01-08-2017, 09:27
Hey Venchka,

Northbound AT, Late Feb, early March if my job hunt goes like I expect. And, yes it'd be by far my warmest layer.
I'm loading my pack--ULA Ohlm 2.0--to figure out how and where to put stuff/find out what stuff sacks I wanta buy. I'm pretty sure the pack weight will be 12.5LBS excluding what I'm wearing and food/water.

Miguelon

With food and water????not likely.....

Engine
01-08-2017, 09:42
Hey Venchka,

Miguelon

With food and water????not likely.....

They excluded food and water.

saltysack
01-08-2017, 11:31
Ooops sorry guess I can't read!

SkeeterPee
01-08-2017, 12:22
dang it....

went in to a costco the first time the other day with my dad (he has membership) specifically to look for a down jacket....

nothing...........and none of those down throws either....

i was kinda bummed...

My wife picked up 2 of the throws in our Costco yesterday. They were hard to find and only a few left so I guess they probably had a bigger display a month or two ago. In our 62F house they are a nice addition to keep you warm. Probably too warm at 62F, so I would guess peoples comments about good to 50F might be about right. probably could add a small pull string and zipper if you wanted to use them as a summer quilt. But again, they are not very warm.

As for the down coats, they came out about thanksgiving time. In the store for womens and online for the mens. We both got one.