PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Designs discontinues Tracks product line

BlackCloud
01-08-2017, 14:59
I'm a capitalist, but I'm also a hiker. First Marmot buys and then discontinues my fav backpack line - Dana Designs.

Now, Sierra Designs buys and several years later, discontinues Tracks, my go-to hiking staff! I've had that thing for 15+ years & it's still in great shape.

BUT, anyone know where I can find a replacement paw print style rubber tip? They wear out every after a few years, and they are not the same size as Leki, etc...

THX

hyperslug
01-08-2017, 15:39
I think you mean Cascade Designs. Contact them and see if they can hook you up. I would be surprised if they didn't have parts since they are part of Therm A Rest, Platypus, etc. Might also check ebay.

Venchka
01-08-2017, 16:42
...and the K2 ski company bought Dana Design and Garuda Tents AFTER I bought one of the last Bozeman built Terraplanes and Seattle built Atman tents. Still have and still use both of them.
Marmot came along after K2 destroyed both brands.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackCloud
01-09-2017, 21:38
Yes I meant Cascade Designs. I called them & they said they have stopped making parts and that's the end of it.

As for Marmot, I must credit them with standing behind the product they bought and closed. My Dana pack started to break down (got sticky on the inside) & they gave me a big fat credit. Though I would have preferred a Dana pack....

Venchka
01-09-2017, 22:16
Yes I meant Cascade Designs. I called them & they said they have stopped making parts and that's the end of it.

As for Marmot, I must credit them with standing behind the product they bought and closed. My Dana pack started to break down (got sticky on the inside) & they gave me a big fat credit. Though I would have preferred a Dana pack....

Hmmmm. I bought a new piece of foam for the backpad on my Terraplane from Mystery Ranch. The original foam turned to dust. Seemed expensive for what I got. If anything else goes bad I'll call Marmot first. Thanks!
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk