PDA

View Full Version : Thank you WhiteBlaze.

poolskaterx
01-08-2017, 22:19
Its nasty out where I live today with wind blowing rain horizontal...

Just for kicks I went out and wieghed my old back packing "big 3" and I found that I was at 12.2lbs!

Because of all the helpful experience, tips, and tricks I have found on this site I now have a roomier tent, warmer sleeping bag, and my backpack is inherently waterproof as well as comfortable to carry; all this and a little over 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Grateful for all I have found on this site.

Venchka
01-08-2017, 22:43
Good for you.
You really didn't need the Internet to do that. Or did you?
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martzy13
01-09-2017, 04:40
I'll piggy-back if you don't mind. While there are other ways to find this information, having all the experiences of everyone here in one place is much more effective/concise. I'm looking at <2 months before my first LDH and my gear wouldn't be half (or maybe technically it'd be DOUBLE) of what it is now. So, like poolskater said, THANK YOU Whiteblazers! My future legs, knees, and back thank you as well.

rocketsocks
01-09-2017, 05:53
Its nasty out where I live today with wind blowing rain horizontal...

Just for kicks I went out and wieghed my old back packing "big 3" and I found that I was at 12.2lbs!

Because of all the helpful experience, tips, and tricks I have found on this site I now have a roomier tent, warmer sleeping bag, and my backpack is inherently waterproof as well as comfortable to carry; all this and a little over 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Grateful for all I have found on this site.I thought it never rains in Southern California. :D

Engine
01-09-2017, 07:34
It can get a little pithy here at times, but if you're willing to wade through some of that, there's some really good stuff buried in there.

poolskaterx
01-09-2017, 19:03
I thought it never rains in Southern California. :D
I'm in Northern California, we get it all👍🏻.

poolskaterx
01-12-2017, 21:49
Good for you.
You really didn't need the Internet to do that. Or did you?
Wayne

Thank goodness for the internet!!!! If i were not for this tool I would only have the "knowledgeable experts at my local" REI" to rely on since all of the small shops have seemed to have gone out of business here. Just think I could have a top of the line 85l pack and 7 pounds worth of boots on my feet. That being said too, I feel the UL community has definitely influenced the big box over the past few years and even they have some pretty good gear now and then:)

Venchka
01-12-2017, 23:29
Thank goodness for the internet!!!! If i were not for this tool I would only have the "knowledgeable experts at my local" REI" to rely on since all of the small shops have seemed to have gone out of business here. Just think I could have a top of the line 85l pack and 7 pounds worth of boots on my feet. That being said too, I feel the UL community has definitely influenced the big box over the past few years and even they have some pretty good gear now and then:)

Or you could have read a book.
Wayne

rafe
01-13-2017, 06:01
Wayne

Imagine that!

Hikingjim
01-13-2017, 10:50
Books? I thought those were just used to prop up computer monitors.

poolskaterx
01-13-2017, 15:21
Wayne

...and get the latest information and reviews from unbiased end users on cutting edge gear made by cottage manufactures, not. Books are great don't get me wrong, howerver I have yet to see any hard back editions on cuben fiber backpacking gear or long term reviews on UL canister stoves, etc..

This post was intended as a "thank you " to the users on WhiteBlaze that make this such a great resource.

If you wish to have people see your condescending commentary why don't you take your own advice and write it in a book, send me letter with the publishing date and Ill look it up when it comes out on the book-stands.