PDA

View Full Version : Does permethrin actually stick to tyvek or poly cro?

saltysack
01-12-2017, 22:42
Thinking about treating my ground sheet for my mid...due to the water shedding properties of these materials dues it actually help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scrabbler
01-12-2017, 23:58
I sprayed a tent with water shedding properties and it worked great. Not saying my situation is same as yours. I'm saying in "can" work, try it.

saltysack
01-13-2017, 00:51
I sprayed a tent with water shedding properties and it worked great. Not saying my situation is same as yours. I'm saying in "can" work, try it.

Thx...I'd be afraid to try on a $500 cuben shelter! I'm not worried about ruining an $8.00 piece of Saran Wrap...[emoji38]just surprised it stuck to a waterproof material but assume the residue is enough to repel the ticks...thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine
01-13-2017, 06:10
Thx...I'd be afraid to try on a $500 cuben shelter! I'm not worried about ruining an $8.00 piece of Saran Wrap...[emoji38]just surprised it stuck to a waterproof material but assume the residue is enough to repel the ticks...thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk This came up recently in a different thread and one of the tent manufacturers commented that treating your tent with permetherin would void the warranty. Just an FYI...

TSWisla
01-14-2017, 08:07
Why? Does it damage the material? Which manufacturer?

Engine
01-14-2017, 08:32
Why? Does it damage the material? Which manufacturer?

See post #5 in the linked thread http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/122254-Anyone-know-if-treating-water-resistant-gear-i-e-Pack-wind-jacket-and-pants-is-effe?highlight=