PDA

View Full Version : Trouble contacting Appalachian Trail Lodge in Millinocket, Maine?

mgmtrnr
01-14-2017, 20:22
Has anyone else had trouble getting in touch with the Appalachian Trail Lodge in Millinocket? I called last week to try to get some info on their SOBO special for this year and their food drop options and their answering machine picked up. I left a message but did not get a return call. Then, I called a few days later and their answering machine was full and has remained that way.

They may just be on vacation but thought I'd see if anyone has any other info.

Thanks,

Mike

egilbe
01-14-2017, 20:29
Maybe they are snowbirds?

greensleep
01-14-2017, 21:20
Has anyone else had trouble getting in touch with the Appalachian Trail Lodge in Millinocket? I called last week to try to get some info on their SOBO special for this year and their food drop options and their answering machine picked up. I left a message but did not get a return call. Then, I called a few days later and their answering machine was full and has remained that way.

They may just be on vacation but thought I'd see if anyone has any other info.

Thanks,

Mike

They travel every winter; lodge closed. they do respond to emails--may take a while, but they'll get back to you.

greensleep
01-14-2017, 21:22
They travel every winter; lodge closed. they do respond to emails--may take a while, but they'll get back to you.

I'd better make that a bit more clear--the lodge is closed in the winters, but reopens in the spring.

mgmtrnr
01-14-2017, 21:33
Okay...thanks. I'll shoot them an email.

Heliotrope
01-15-2017, 08:21
Okay...thanks. I'll shoot them an email.

Welcome to Maine ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ aka Teej
01-15-2017, 14:00
If you're looking to make a reservation, you can do it via their website. Going sobo?

mgmtrnr
01-16-2017, 14:38
Teej,

I am planning my AT SOBO thru-hike for this summer. Hoping to have a start date (fingers crossed) of June 7th.

Mike

mgmtrnr
01-16-2017, 14:50
For anyone else looking for info from AT Lodge...

I sent them an email and got a auto-generated reply. It said that they were closed for the season but would be answering their emails. They also said that reservations would be accepted starting May 15, 2017.

Mike

TJ aka Teej
01-17-2017, 20:06
Mike, there's a sobo specific section here, a sobo 2017 facebook page, here's The Sobo’s guide to Baxter and Katahdin for 2017 (https://baxterinfo.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/the-sobos-guide-to-baxter-and-katahdin-for-2017/)