PDA

View Full Version : 15 day thru hike

Doctari
01-20-2006, 14:06
Ok, I did the math: I get 2 weeks vacation plus about a week sick time, and I desperately want to do a thru hike this year, which leaves 1 day each way to & from the trail & 2 days to recover before I have to go back to work.
SO, here is my plan: A 15-day thru hike! I figure if I hike / run 24 hrs a day Ill only have to average 6.1 Mph. Naturally that leaves out stopping to eat, but I have that covered: Refuel just like those fighter jets do, a high energy drink with LOTS of caffeine, fed to me by a support crew running along with me. I am thinking that in order to cut weight & wind resistance I値l hike naked (except for a pair of very light shoes). Naturally, I値l be moving so fast I値l need someone running ahead of me to clear the way, I知 thinking a relay type team. They can also double as my feeders.
Think of the money I値l save: no town stops, no beer, no need for camp fees or motel/hostel fees, etc.

I HAVE A PLAN!! WOO HOO!!

Now all I need is the support team! :bse

Footslogger
01-20-2006, 14:10
Now all I need is the support team! :bse
===============================
What type of support do you need. I'm a ways away but willing to help you out if I can. Either way ...have fun on your hike, especiallly that in-flight refueling you mentioned !!

'Slogger

Marta
01-20-2006, 14:32
I tried to compute the number of calories you'll need, but I can't count that high. Have you worked it out already?

The Cheat
01-20-2006, 15:30
Skip the inflight refeuling and clothes, just slap a bunch of these all over your body:

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/000242.html

MisterSweetie
01-20-2006, 16:36
I'll start southbound and when we meet halfway we can trade car keys so we can both get home.....

Nightwalker
01-20-2006, 16:37
Think of the money I値l save: no town stops, no beer, no need for camp fees or motel/hostel fees, etc.
You had me 'til that "no beer" thing. Geeze, man!

:D

neo
01-21-2006, 15:42
[quote=Nightwalker]You had me 'til that "no beer" thing. Geeze, man!

:D[/quot

GOD can hike the AT in a fraction of a secound:cool: neo

Just Jeff
01-21-2006, 15:46

God's a hammocker.

Heater
01-21-2006, 16:01

In sandals, too!

Waitaminute... that was Jesus... :-?

Heater
01-21-2006, 16:03

...and he doesn't need a headlamp.

Heater
01-21-2006, 16:06
God's a hammocker.

Well then... If God made everyone in his image, why isn't everyone comfortable in a hammock?

:-?

betic4lyf
01-21-2006, 19:43
ditch the shoes. sounds like a rocking time:welcome

Zzzzdyd
01-21-2006, 19:59
you going to do with the extra 3 hours ? Suggestion call Domino's and spring for a pizza for your Whiteblaze support team !! .........:jump

Doctari
01-21-2006, 21:10
you going to do with the extra 3 hours ? Suggestion call Domino's and spring for a pizza for your Whiteblaze support team !! .........:jump

Ahh, had you read my first post you should indeed have figured it out,,,,, I'll drink BEER!!!!! (insert maniacal laugh here)

In fact, after careful consideration, the lack of beer in town really isn't going to be that much of a savings after all, I'll just drink it on the way home :bse

Doctari.

betic4lyf
01-21-2006, 22:09
i think you should wear very baggy clothing. you could use them as sails, and sail to Katahdin

neo
01-21-2006, 22:19
extra shot of insulin gets me in high gear lol:cool: neo

Just Jeff
01-21-2006, 22:39
Well then... If God made everyone in his image, why isn't everyone comfortable in a hammock?

Well...not every hammock is created in His Hammock's image. Duh! :jump

MorrisseyFan
01-21-2006, 22:53
i think you should wear very baggy clothing. you could use them as sails, and sail to Katahdin

Hrmmm...if you flew over the AT in your baggy clothing, would that make you a Flight Blazer?

River Runner
01-31-2006, 00:32

:-?

There are two types of people. Those who are comfortable in a hammock and those who don't know how to properly use a hammock. The second group just needs hammock school. :rolleyes: :D

peter_pan
02-01-2006, 09:23
God's a hammocker.

His place Heaven is the ultimate "hang Out"... Above the rest... Peace and Joy.

Hammockers go forth and sped the word...

Pan

neo
02-01-2006, 11:15
There are two types of people. Those who are comfortable in a hammock and those who don't know how to properly use a hammock. The second group just needs hammock school. :rolleyes: :D

your absolutly 100% correct,once a hammock hanger always a hammock hanger:cool: neo