PDA

View Full Version : You know you love those PA rocks...looking for section hiking partner

QuietStorm
01-24-2017, 13:52
I've been section hiking PA since September. I'm up to Port Clinton NOBO, although most of my hikes have been out and back. There's is nothing like seeing those damn rocks twice. Looking for a hiking partner who likes winter hiking for weekends through March. Vehicle preferred so we can leave one at each end and really get some miles done. I hike about 15 miles a day comfortably depending on terrain. Will continue on after PA to do VA if you're also interested.

Rainey
03-08-2017, 14:50
Would love to section hike with you! I've hit parts of Lehigh gap to Delaware Water gap. I would like to fill in more of PA! And its close to my home in NJ.

QuietStorm
03-08-2017, 14:53
I've already finished everything in PA except Wind Gap to DWG, which I am doing this weekend. NJ is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJdreamer
03-09-2017, 22:26
Enjoy! Sorry I can't join you this weekend. It will likely be very cold, and there may be snow on the trail. I hiked in that area last year at President's Day weekend when it was 10 degrees and wind gusts up to 40 mph. We didn't backpack. It was cold enough in the rooms at Mohican that weekend. Have fun.

QuietStorm
03-10-2017, 07:00
Enjoy! Sorry I can't join you this weekend. It will likely be very cold, and there may be snow on the trail. I hiked in that area last year at President's Day weekend when it was 10 degrees and wind gusts up to 40 mph. We didn't backpack. It was cold enough in the rooms at Mohican that weekend. Have fun.

I was out last weekend with my daughter doing the little gap between Eckville and Windsor Furnace. It was bitterly cold. Hopefully this will be the last wintry weekend, but even if it isn't, I can at least revel in finishing Pennsylvania.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk